Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Product Manager reporting to the VP of Student Product, on the Student team.
Millions of students log into Handshake every day, trying to figure out what is next for them. While existing platforms cater to experienced hires with established networks who know what they’re looking for, Handshake is the leading career platform for students. And, those students are primarily on their phones.
As Senior Product Manager on the student team, you will be responsible for the student experience across our mobile and web apps. You will shape how the next generation makes one of the most important decisions of their lives - what do they want to do after college.
- Lead the Guidance squad, whose mission is to provide clear and directive actions to students to help them build confidence in one of their first job search experiences.
- Innovate - create new and unique experiences that push the boundaries of what a career platform can be.
- Use growth chops to drive adoption and engagement of students throughout their career journey.
- Work with stakeholders across all three sides of the business to bring our partners along as we innovate quickly.
- Minimum 5 years experience delivering successful and innovative consumer products.
- Entrepreneurial - You have experience building successful products 0 to 1.
- Student obsession. You dive headfirst into understanding the needs of students and build products grounded in data and research.
- Finger-tippiness with data. You easily identify the minimum data needed to make decisions. You can pull data yourself and tell insightful stories with that data to inform product direction.
- Ruthlessly prioritize. You are able to cut through the fluff and focus on what is most impactful for the product and your own contribution.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on. It’s never someone else’s problem.
- A high bar across the board — from your own contribution, to the people you work with, to the products you ship.
- Technical savviness. You’ve had experience either as an engineer or building complex products with engineers.
- A true passion for and commitment to Handshake’s mission. You show up each day to help all students no matter who they are or where they come from find and build a meaningful career.
- You are constantly learning and growing.
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- 2+ yrs working on products geared towards 18 - 22yr olds
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.