Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Product Analyst in San Francisco to support our product and marketing analytics effort and partner with the broader analytics practice responsible for empowering the organization to make data-informed decisions. You are responsible for delivering marketing and product insights that drive decision making, execution, and investments for our student marketing and product initiatives.
- Working side-by-side with the marketing and product teams, advise on optimization strategy, accurately sizing opportunities, and seeking improved methods for assessing the value of marketing and product innovations
- You’ll contribute to the vision and strategy for product and marketing analytics at Handshake
- Lead by example to build a culture of accountability and rigor to substantiate proven business impact
- You’ll advocate for the millions of students on Handshake by communicating data insights and recommendations to marketing, product and leadership teams
- You’ll help define and build a strong data culture at Handshake by working cross-functionally with data peers and company leadership
- 3+ years of professional experience in quantitative/analytical field in the technology space (e.g.: data science, product analytics, people analytics, marketing analytics, product growth, etc.)
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key decisions, preferably on a consumer product
- Fluency in SQL or other programming languages. Some development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on. It’s never someone else’s problem
- Data-storyteller who is comfortable communicating results in a crisp and effective manner
- Ability to start, own, and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience with data visualization and tools such as Looker, Mode, Periscope, Tableau, etc., big plus for data modeling in Looker or a similar tool
- A working knowledge of marketing analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Heap, MixPanel, Segment, Optimizely)
- Experience working with data warehouses
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.