Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 700 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 300,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Product Analyst in San Francisco to support our product and marketing analytics effort and partner with the broader analytics practice responsible for empowering the organization to make data-informed decisions. You are responsible for delivering marketing and product insights that drive decision making, execution, and investments for our student marketing and product initiatives.
- Working side-by-side with the marketing and product teams, advise on optimization strategy, accurately sizing opportunities, and seeking improved methods for assessing the value of marketing and product innovations
- You’ll contribute to the vision and strategy for product and marketing analytics at Handshake
- Lead by example to build a culture of accountability and rigor to substantiate proven business impact
- You’ll advocate for the millions of students on Handshake by communicating data insights and recommendations to marketing, product and leadership teams
- You’ll help define and build a strong data culture at Handshake by working cross-functionally with data peers and company leadership
- 3+ years of professional experience in quantitative/analytical field in the technology space (e.g.: data science, product analytics, people analytics, marketing analytics, product growth, etc.)
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key decisions, preferably on a consumer product
- Fluency in SQL or other programming languages. Some development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on. It’s never someone else’s problem
- Data-storyteller who is comfortable communicating results in a crisp and effective manner
- Ability to start, own, and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience with data visualization and tools such as Looker, Mode, Periscope, Tableau, etc., big plus for data modeling in Looker or a similar tool
- A working knowledge of marketing analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Heap, MixPanel, Segment, Optimizely)
- Experience working with data warehouses
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.