Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 700 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 300,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is looking for a PR Manager to join our corporate communications team to play a key role in shaping our narrative and implementing winning campaigns. You’ll work with stakeholders across the company to craft ideas and insights that can be used to drive coverage with journalists, thought leaders and influencers. You embrace our mission of democratizing opportunity and share our passion to help all students find and launch meaningful careers. You’re excited about developing programs from scratch and enjoy having end-to-end ownership of your work.
- Manage the development and implementation of PR campaigns that drive awareness of Handshake’s unique value proposition to key audiences (employers, students and related influencers, and university partners)
- Work closely with external agencies to develop appropriate messaging and secure high-quality coverage across relevant media outlets
- Develop press releases, media pitches and speaking abstracts as necessary
- Partner with marketing team to secure and promote customer testimonials
- Help create data-driven narratives
- Provide PR support at conferences, events and tradeshows
- Work closely with Social Media team to create and promote relevant content
- Staff media briefings and appearances
- Set KPIs in collaboration with PR Director and report on coverage metrics
- 4+ years’ experience in PR, at agency or in-house
- Strong writing and editorial skill set
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage multiple projects at the same time
- A natural relationship manager who can develop relationships with key internal and external constituents
- Exceptional ability to communicate both high level strategy and execute against details it takes to craft quality, compelling stories across channels
- Performance-oriented and can optimize for value to the business
- A self-starter looking for a position where you can take ownership and make an impact
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.