Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at more than 900 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 425,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We’re looking for a strategic Lifecycle Marketing Manager to drive outstanding engagement from our students and early career talent using Handshake. You will leverage data, user insights, and an experimentation mindset to move our users from signup, through successful onboarding, to finding and applying for jobs.
As our Lifecycle Marketing Manager, you will create a growth engine that will help an ever-growing number of students find and apply for jobs on Handshake. You’ll create and rapidly test content to increase the number of students creating a great profile, engaging with our community, and applying for jobs. You’ll deeply understand the life stages and seasonality of students cohorts and identify when they need more information to take the next step. Using in-product messaging, email, push notifications and other channels, you will ensure students will get more value from Handshake, apply for more jobs, and get hired more often.
- Drive strategic growth initiatives focused on onboarding, engagement, and job applications
- Own lifecycle email strategy to drive significant engagement throughout the funnel
- Plan, create and execute retention and engagement initiatives via automated and personalized email marketing programs, in-app messaging, and more
- Deeply understand student segments and user journeys to drive messaging and tests
- Generate data-driven hypotheses and conduct experiments to inform programs strategy
- Define and monitor KPI’s, communicate insights, and rapidly iterate to drive growth
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Design, Product, Engineering, and Data Science to deliver compelling new personalized customer journeys
- 6+ years of experience with 2+ years driving lifecycle marketing
- Highly technical and data driven marketer. SQL experience required.
- Deep, proven experience developing lifecycle marketing programs / CRM / engagement marketing programs through email, push notifications, sms, and/or in-app marketing
- Strong experimentation toolkit, with experience developing and executing A/B tests
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Strong project and team management skills, driving from insight to ideation to execution
- Consumer content experience, ideally with engaging college students or Gen Z
- Prior experience at a consumer technology, e-commerce or edtech company preferred
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.