Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at more than 900 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 425,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We’re looking a Director of Commercial Sales to grow and develop our Commercial Sales team reporting to our VP of Sales. You will be responsible for supporting your team of Account Executives strategic and complex deals.
- Coach, develop and train a team of Commercial Account Executives
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Coordinate and manage weekly and monthly one-on-one and team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings, and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement and best practice sharing
- Hire and on-board new Sales Reps
- Collaborate closely across the extended Handshake Employer Business
- 4-6 years of relevant on-quota B2B SaaS sales experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years of managing salespeople
- A successful history of closing business and over-achieving quota
- Demonstrated ability to develop and hire sales talent
- A track record of accurately forecasting sales results
- The ability to work in a rapidly expanding, fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.