Our mission is to democratize opportunity to make it easy for any student to build a great career, no matter where they go to school, what they're majoring in, or who they know.
What does an Employer Success Manager do at Handshake?
As an Employer Success Manager, you'll partner with our strategic employer partners to ensure they achieve their hiring goals, drive adoption across recruiting teams and make sure they are creative and strategic with early talent hiring.
You will create repeatable and reusable tactics for driving engagement across our employer partners' teams, which could include everything from site content, to webinars, to email nurture, to product hooks. You'll channel the voice of customer both quantitative and qualitative to rally the necessary people and highlight success.
You'll report to the Director of Customer Success, working closely with sales, marketing, product management, and data analytics to make improvements constantly within and across accounts. Through these cross-functional efforts, you’ll achieve world-class customer satisfaction, generate case studies, and drive our business through premium renewals and expansions.
Here are some projects we’re excited for you to work on at Handshake
- Own the core relationship with Handshake’s most strategic customers (Fortune 50, 100, 500).
- Evolve the customer journey for our strategic segment.
- Help scale internal process to support hundreds of premium employers.
- Synthesize voice of customer from qualitative and quantitative feedback, share with leadership and cross-functional partners.
What qualities are we looking for?
- 8+ years of experience in Consulting, Account Management or Customer Success managing complex Enterprise/Strategic accounts.
- Experience with SaaS.
- Able to drive customer on-boarding, implementation and consultation with multiple senior stakeholders.
- Able to translate business goals into outcomes and build a process that aligns with customer needs.
- Ability to identify and drive commercial opportunities, sales background a plus.
- Ability to manage cross-functional projects with great attention to detail.
- Does not get frustrated easily by lack of internal processes.
- Adds value to the CSM team through their energy and enthusiasm.
- Has a high level of comfort facilitating meetings and delivering product trainings with external customers.
- Has a high degree of collaborative spirit.
- Has a high degree of technical aptitude.
- Provides process improvement solutions to create team efficiencies.
- Stock: Sizable ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Family Focus: Parental leave (12 weeks primary caregiver / 4 weeks secondary caregiver), and flexibility for families.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people from all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Our mission is to democratize access to opportunity and ensure any student can build a great career no matter who they know, where they live or what school they attend. We empathize deeply with our students to increase career opportunities for all.
Focus on Impact
We stay humble and work hard to democratize opportunity for all students. We like to have fun - and we do! - but we’re more focused on making an impact. Yes, of course we have a ping-pong table - it’s just packed away in the closet!
Move Quickly, But Don’t Rush
We believe speed wins, and our operational pace is incredibly fast. Moving quickly while staying aligned requires strategic thought, collaboration, and frequent communication.
Learn. Grow. Repeat.
We embrace a growth mindset, enabling our team to face obstacles with a tenacious desire to turn challenges into opportunities for growth. We are relentlessly curious, working to close the gap between what we currently know and what we need to know to be as effective as possible.
Act with Empathy
We listen closely to understand our users and clients, approach challenges with curiosity, and treat our colleagues and clients with compassion.
Empowered by Diversity
We are building an inclusive & diverse community - both on the Handshake platform and across our team. We believe diverse teams create more thoughtful and innovative solutions and that diverse companies are more successful.