Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 900 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 300,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
You will be a part of Handshake’s Finance & Business Operations team. You will play an integral part in Handshake’s success by directly influencing key elements of Handshake’s overall financial forecast, operational execution, and strategic decision making.
Finance & Business Operations is responsible for improving strategic decision making across Handshake. Our team’s core value is trust – you will build it by making what is complex simple, and with elegant models that are both accurate and easy-to-understand. Business partners will appreciate your insight and trust you to help them solve difficult problems. At Handshake, we believe that good ideas can come from anywhere, and we’ll trust you to collaborate with others, form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision makers and the executive team.
- Partner with teams across Handshake’s University and Partnerships business to influence overall operational execution and strategic decision making through numerically-driven insights and ad hoc analyses, with a focus on the investment allocations that will best position Handshake for long-term growth
- Manage the Handshake corporate model and run the company-wide strategic planning process to ensure sufficient resources to invest properly behind key strategic initiatives
- Manage KPIs and finance reporting (performance to plan, budget vs. actual variance analysis) to track company-wide trends, identify opportunities, clearly communicate recommendations, and collaborate across all levels of the organization
- Play the lead role in preparing analyses and materials to communicate business performance and trends to investors, board members and the executive team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 2 to 6 years of experience with financial modeling (FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, or private equity)
- Proficient understanding of SaaS business models, metrics and KPIs
- Data driven, with an excellent proficiency in Excel
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to drive consensus across cross-functional teams and influence decision making
- Highly analytical, with a keen attention to detail, but can keep in focus the big picture
- Ability to execute independently in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy
Bonus Areas of Expertise
- Experience with Netsuite
- Experience with SQL and/or data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau)
- Passion for Handshake’s mission
- MBA from a top tier business program
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.