Handshake’s mission is to democratize opportunity for students and early career talent everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 800 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 400,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We are looking for an empathetic, driven and mission-aligned technical recruiter to help us grow our team. We are seeking an individual who cares about people and enjoys identifying, connecting with and hiring candidates from diverse backgrounds.
You will own recruiting strategies, key stakeholder relationships, and strategic candidate outreach while working with a curious, kind and passionate team.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and love sourcing, engaging and hiring the best talent for our team.
- Identify, source and engage talent to grow our team through creative and diverse multi-channel methods
- Own hiring manager relationships and creatively iterate to improve our processes across recruiting
- Hire values-aligned individuals to contribute to Handshake’s mission
- Develop an extensive understanding of Handshake’s business and culture
- Design, implement and execute recruiting plans, partnering closely with hiring teams
- Regularly manage pipeline activity and provide recommendations for improving talent strategies based on data
- Work consultatively with senior stakeholders to shape and implement diversity recruitment strategy in a fast-paced, high-touch & high-tech environment.
- Influence business leaders and educate hiring managers on process, interview best practices, and decision making.
- Create new ways to surprise and delight candidates as they go through our interview process.
- Speak passionately and authentically about Handshake, our mission, business, and culture.
- 3+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience, at least 2+ recruiting for technical roles
- Successful at engaging and closing candidates at a high volume, approximately 3 hires per month
- Strong history of collaborating inclusively with hiring managers and interviewers to design processes that attract candidates from underrepresented backgrounds
You thrive in a data-driven recruiting process
Working knowledge of ATS systems and pipeline metrics (Greenhouse preferred)
- Start up experience preferred
- Bias towards humility, curiosity, and humor
- Outstanding organizational and follow-up skills, strong time-management abilities
- Great judgment and a history of working with highly confidential information
We are growing rapidly so you will enjoy working in a fast-paced, fun environment with a team dedicated to our mission of helping students. We love to collaborate, make an impact and act with empathy throughout the entire hiring process. You will spend time with a diverse group of individuals who are just as motivated, talented, and creative as you are.
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
- Compensation & Equity: Competitive salary and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Monthly learning & development opportunities and mentorship program.
- Great team: Work with kind, hardworking, and fun people who are committed to making a difference!