Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 800 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 400,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Head of Demand Generation for our fast-growing employer business unit. You will be a leader driving the next wave of innovation for Handshake’s go-to-market team and platform, which already powers the connection between 400,000 employers with millions of students and recent graduates across the country. This is a pivotal growth role at a key phase of our evolution, as we scale our enterprise offering and define the category of proactive, data-driven recruiting for early career (college) talent.
You’ll be accountable for the strategy, development, and execution of our demand generation programs. You’ll help drive the company’s revenue goals by working closely with sales, sales operations, marketing operations, content, and product marketing in the development of the company’s continued high-growth performance.
You will drive top-of-funnel awareness while being conscious of down-funnel pipeline and conversion. You’ll be responsible for building out and leading the demand gen team to scale our existing strategies and implement new ones focused on acquisition. You will bring your analytical enterprise marketing expertise in leveraging digital channels and content marketing techniques to drive awareness, lead generation, and lead nurturing at scale.
- Own and oversee an aggressive top-of-funnel forecast and strategy
- Lead the strategy and execution of demand generation and lead nurturing programs, with a laser focus on data-driven decisions and optimizations for generating qualified leads and building the sales pipeline.
- Define, plan and execute demand generation campaigns across multiple digital channels including paid social & search, display/retargeting, webinars, email, content syndication, etc. that generate high quality leads.
- Track and report on performance metrics (CPL, MQLs, Opps, Pipeline, etc.), using this data to continually optimize campaign performance.
- Function as both a leader and doer, providing position leadership and insights, supporting strategic objectives, as well as being a hands-on member of the team as needed
- Work closely with the broader Employer and Corporate marketing teams to incorporate content, SEO/SEM, social, PR, website, events, and more, into integrated cross company campaigns.
- Forge strong communications with the sales team, and support lead flow service level agreements (SLAs) between marketing and sales.
- Optimize lead flow, data hygiene, lead scoring, and nurture models that align to industry best practices and perform above benchmarks.
- Manage a small, but quickly growing, team.
You’ll work with these technologies:
- Looker - analytics platform (SQL a plus)
- Marketo - marketing automation platform (we also use Knak)
- Salesforce - CRM
- Salesloft - sales enablement and email platform
- G Suite collaboration platform
- 8+ years of experience in B2B SaaS demand generation and/or growth, ideally in the HR or Talent Acquisition space
- Track record in driving high growth in a B2B SaaS startup environment.
- Strong understanding of all facets of the buyer's journey throughout the marketing and sales funnel supporting buyers at Enterprise and Strategic accounts down to SMB.
- Analytical, with a relentless focus on metrics, measurement and optimization.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple people, and projects with tight deadlines
- Comfortable presenting ideas and information to senior leadership internally and externally
Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.