Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 700 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 300,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
What does an Executive Assistant do at Handshake?
Handshake is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to work directly with Handshake’s CEO. You will work cross-functionally with all teams (engineering, product, sales, and more) across the company and collaborate across all teams to ensure executive buy-in and effective time management. This is a rare opportunity to meaningfully contribute to the executive operations and overall growth of one of the country’s fastest-growing edtech startups.
This role will be ideal for someone who enjoys navigating ambiguity, runs towards challenges, and enjoys the dynamic nature of a fast-moving startup.
- Proactively manage, assess and predict the day-to-day needs of the CEO to ensure he is prepared and organized for all internal and external meetings and events.
- Seamlessly manage email coordination, calendar scheduling, travel, expense reporting, and a wide variety of priorities for the CEO
- Resolve conflicting time demands to ensure a seamless schedule based on business priorities
- Project manage a variety of professional and personal initiatives through self-motivation, clear communication and complete follow through
- Handle confidential information and communications tactfully, with efficiency and attention to details
- Assist the Chief of Staff with ad hoc projects as needed
- Build relationships with the Handshake Team and our broader network
- Act as a gatekeeper for the CEO to ensure time spend aligns to priorities
- Anticipate the CEO’s needs and proactively assemble the appropriate people and resources to solve problems
Your Experience & Background
- 3+ years as an Executive Assistant to a C-Level executive at a high-growth technology company or similarly fast-paced environment, with a commitment to growing in an admin function
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience predicting executive needs and resolving time management issues to ensure goals are met
- Exceptional organizational skills coupled with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to read ambiguous situations appropriately and proactively take initiative using sound judgment
- Ability to anticipate ever-changing needs and manage competing priorities
- A strong sense of urgency with a bias towards action
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to draft, edit, and proofread emails and presentation materials
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as it relates to upcoming staffing changes, product development, and non-public information
- A positive outlook while interacting with all levels of employees, investors, and customers
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.