Handshake’s mission is to democratize opportunity for students and early career talent everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 800 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 400,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We’re looking for a passionate, results-oriented Director of Growth Marketing to drive our growth as the leading destination for students and early career talent to find jobs. Your team will drive our entire acquisition strategy and media mix, testing and growing key channels including paid digital, out of home, field marketing, email nurture, referral programs, SEO, and more. You will partner closely with the product team to unlock growth at every stage of the conversion funnel via email, content, and other growth levers. You’ll define our marketing technology roadmap to enable excellence in marketing automation, analytics, email, and digital channels. You’ll also define our global expansion strategy, enabling channels to acquire users in the UK and beyond. Your key objective will be to grow the number of students who sign up for Handshake, and ultimately apply for and find jobs. Leveraging deep user empathy and analytical leadership, you’ll drive high performance and ROI across our channels. Thousands of new students will be connected with career opportunities thanks to your efforts.
- Drive student acquisition strategy, owning channel and media mix
- Bring thought leadership
- Define budget to meet acquisition targets across range of owned and earned channels
- Set KPIs and report on impact and insights from marketing channels
- Grow and manage a team of direct reports or agencies to deliver against strategy
- Establish and hit monthly spend, signup, and ROI goals
- Effectively manage agencies or in-house infrastructure for paid digital channels
- Partner with creative team to drive creative strategy that converts and drives growth
- Partner with product marketing and content teams to develop compelling messaging
- Develop processes and frameworks that will scale with a growing organization
- Work cross-functionally with analytics, creative, marketing, product, and engineering
- 10+ years of experience with at least 4 years leading growth marketing teams
- Ownership of multi-million dollar budget overseeing complex media mix
- B2C acquisition experience, ideally with expertise targeting students or Gen Z
- Expertise selecting and leading agencies
- Proven leadership skills, strong management and coaching skill set
- Outstanding analytical skillset and executive reporting capabilities
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills across all org levels
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!