Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 800 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 400,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
The Head of Event & Field Marketing for our Employer team will establish a world-class field marketing and events program, defining and executing high quality events to build the Handshake brand and lead the early talent recruiting category. You will bring in new leads and pipeline, along with influence deal cycles for our fast-growing sales team. We work with the world’s leading employers and top executives; to be memorable you’ll create engaging experiences that are both creative and polished.
You will play an active role in determining presence, strategy, and execution at key events that drive market leadership. You will be responsible for leading all event marketing plans, logistics, project deliverables, activities and marketing communications for a series of diverse events throughout the rest of the year.
- Lead and deliver all employer events and field marketing, specifically: meetups, executive events and trade shows to drive employer revenue objectives
- Ensure brand events are integrated thoughtfully into marketing messaging and campaigns
- Work cross functionally with the marketing team, sales team, key executives, and external partners
- Guide direction for planning of demand generation, press & analyst, and customer activities, and related program needs in order to drive awareness and pipeline goals
- Measure, analyze and report on return on investment for event programs (including attendee feedback, lead generation, deal acceleration).
- Procure and manage vendors for all related event logistics including A/V, catering, badges, transportation, and other support services, as needed
- Develop processes to ensure program quality and consistent experience for attendees, before, during and after events
- Oversight of department budget and responsibility for reporting to ensure that all campaigns are data-driven and deliver robust return on investment
- You can expect to travel around 20% of the time in this role, traveling within the US around twice a month
- 8+ years of event marketing experience at a B2B SaaS company, 3+ years leading and maximizing performance from small high performing event teams. Experience in HR Tech a plus.
- An extensive portfolio of event experience and creating a differentiated experience across all event programs: from tradeshows and Industry events to partner events, field events and conferences to high touch/concierge executive programs
- Experience having pipeline building responsibility and accountability for sales
- Experience holding event budget authority and managing large budgets
- An ability to roll your sleeves up and build out the programs while also bringing strategic insights and framework to the event portfolio
- Strong project management skills and an ability to develop and deliver events and programs within an ever-evolving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ideal candidate finds it easy to communicate with team members at all levels of the organization, especially the sales executive team
- You also have the ability to work independently against tight deadlines in a dynamic, changing environment keeping a sharp eye on detail and accuracy
- Ability to use CRM, data visualization, and marketing automation systems (we use Marketo, Salesforce, SplashThat and Looker)
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!