Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 850 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 400,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a seasoned Senior Product Marketing Manager for our fast-growing employer business unit. You will be a leader driving the next wave of innovation for Handshake’s unique platform, which already connects over 400,000 employers with millions of students and recent graduates across the country. This is a pivotal growth role at a key phase of our evolution, as we scale our enterprise offering and define the category of proactive, data-driven recruiting for early career (college) talent.
You’ll be building on the strong product-market fit and business momentum to establish a comprehensive program of your design, covering Enterprise market strategy and segmentation, sales enablement, messaging & positioning and more. You are a strategic thinker, always ensuring that your deliverables fit into the grand scheme of the marketing funnel and buyer’s journey.
You’ll work with marketing, Enterprise sales, product management, insights and demand generation to inspire every leading employers to rethink how they approach early talent recruiting on Handshake.
- Segmentation and persona definition: Identify target Enterprise customers, their needs, and how our products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and product usage. Partner closely with relevant teams to ensure segments are validated and applicable in practice.
- Messaging and positioning: Develop a compelling narrative and value proposition for both new and existing platform features and solutions in our Enterprise segment. Project manage the wider teams that work on all collateral (website, print, videos, etc.) to reflect Handshake's narrative.
- Align pricing with value and ensure that customers see clear ROI. Partner with internal stakeholders with finance, sales and product to iterate and optimize.
- Roadmap development and product launches: Partner closely with product management to ensure customer needs and insights are central to roadmap development. Drive the strategy with product management around product positioning for existing products and new launches.
- Be an evangelist for Handshake products and highlight its value both internally and externally through speaking engagements, briefings, and more
- Develop and build strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders in an effort to collaborate and drive the overall business plan.
You’ll work with these technologies:
- Looker - analytics platform (SQL a plus)
- Marketo - marketing automation platform
- Salesforce - CRM
- AskNicely - customer feedback platform
- G Suite collaboration platform
- 4+ years of experience in B2B SaaS product marketing, ideally in the HR or Talent Acquisition space
- Delivered multiple successful product launches or go-to-market strategies, ideally partnering with sales and customer success teams to ensure adoption in an Enterprise prospect / customer base
- Played a pivotal role in the development of new product lines or features
- Experience extracting, analyzing, summarizing and communicating data. Bonus points if you’re familiar with SQL and data pipelines
- Have worked in a fast paced, changing environment and willing to take initiative
- Leadership DNA, proven ability to excite and motivate internal teams
- Comfortable presenting ideas and information to senior leadership internally and externally
Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.