Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 700 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 300,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
You will be a part of Handshake’s Finance & Business Operations team supporting our rapidly scaling Employer Sales & Marketing teams. You will play an integral part in Handshake’s success by helping to build a best-in-class Sales and Marketing function from the ground up.
Finance & Business Operations is responsible for improving strategic decision making across Handshake. Our team’s core value is trust – you will build it by making what is complex simple, and with elegant models that are both accurate and easy-to-understand. Business partners will appreciate your insight and trust you to help them solve difficult problems. At Handshake, we believe that good ideas can come from anywhere, and we’ll trust you to collaborate with others, form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision makers and the executive team.
- Partner directly with Handshake’s VP of Employer Sales, Head of Employer Marketing and the broader Employer go-to-market (GTM) team
- Build trust through numerically-driven insights and ad hoc analyses to predict trends for making strategic decisions, which will include GTM strategy formulation across both sales and marketing, such as channel investment, capacity planning, and commission strategy
- Develop and track KPIs to drive execution and identify opportunities for operational improvement, including LTV, CAC, payback, conversion, and rep productivity
- Initiate, manage, and successfully execute new, cross-functional initiatives to improve efficiency, productivity, and performance across the teams
- Run the sales and marketing quarterly planning process, working with function leads to establish quarterly targets and OKRs, and, ultimately, supporting execution against targets and OKRs
- Manage the GTM teams forecast and budgets and ensure they have sufficient resources to invest properly behind key strategic initiatives
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 2 to 6 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, or consulting
- 2+ years of finance, strategy or business operations at a high growth SaaS company
- Excellent understanding of SaaS sales and marketing business models, metrics and KPIs
- Highly analytical and data driven, with an excellent proficiency in Excel
- Experience with Salesforce and data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to drive consensus across cross-functional teams and influence decision making
- Exceptional problem-solving, with a highly analytical and inquisitive work style with a keen attention to detail -- but also ability to see the big picture
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Experience with SQL
- Experience in the HR/talent technology industries
- Passion for Handshake’s mission
- MBA from a top tier business program
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.