Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 700 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 300,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We’ve built a fantastic (and highly rated) mobile experience for students to discover jobs, events, and information from their peers over the past year. We’ve focused quite a bit on creating a delightful user experience, but we have so much more work to do!
In this role, you will build new experimental features, implement new core architecture, and craft new ways to help students find and build meaningful careers. You will be involved from design all the way to release; working closely with product, design and engineering teams to create delightful user experiences. You will thrive in this role if you want an opportunity to shape the foundation of iOS development and mobile culture at Handshake.
We’ll rely on your experience in general engineering architecture discussions as well as product planning meetings. We’ll count on you to be a vocal leader. Junior engineers will look to you for mentorship and Leadership will look for opportunities for you to take on impactful responsibility.
- You get to architect and build new features for a rapidly growing user base
- You’ll contribute to our growing library of shared UI components
- You’ll have the opportunity to help establish new paradigms and patterns as we scale our team from a small group to a large Mobile org
- We’ll rely on your experience in meetings such as Design Reviews, Backlog Grooming, and more
- You’ll help maintain a high level of code craftsmanship through thoughtful code review
- You’ll mentor junior engineers and share your experience and knowledge with senior engineers in order to level up the codebase as well as our shared knowledge
You’ll work with these technologies:
- Core Animation, MVVM/MVC, Auto-layout, Swift & Objective-C, Redux, XCTest, Cocoapods, and more
- You have an eye for good design and friendly user-experiences.
- You are self-driven and able to prioritize your time diligently
- Problem-solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- You have professional working experience with the iOS platform
- On the job experience with Swift or Objective-C
- On the job experience with UI development, especially transitions and animations
- On the job experience with data persistence, RESTful APIs, MVC and MVVM architectures
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- You have expertise in Swift
- You have experience with automation and CICD
- You have worked with App Store Connect (iTunesConnect) to publish apps to the App Store
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.