Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 700 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 300,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring an Insights Analyst for our fast-growing employer business unit. You'll be responsible for bringing Handshake’s unique data to life for the 300,000 employers on our platform. This is a pivotal time in the growth of our business, as we scale our enterprise offering and create the category of proactive, data-driven recruiting for entry level (college) talent.
You’ll be applying insights to create value across any / all of the functions in our business unit including marketing, product management, sales, strategy, customer success and events. Your entrepreneurial approach and curiosity will shape Handshake’s insights strategy and fundamentally transform this market. You’ll help inform both students and employers on how they can find their ideal role. College recruiting has not been historically optimized with data; you could change all that!
- Marketplace insights. Handshake connects millions of students & recent grads with roles at over 300,000 employers - and have rich data containing deep insights about how the marketplace is working (or not). You’ll be able to produce genuinely new, powerful analysis on this space that will change how people approach the market.
- Segmentation and usage analysis. Understand who’s using the product, how, when, and why. Surface new segments through modelling. Inform our strategy, marketing, and product analysis.
- Marketing campaign models. Optimize outreach to our 500,000+ employer users through experimentation. Partner with the marketing team to develop new concepts, create the data sets to execute on them, and measure outcomes (over multiple touches) to optimize.
- Custom insights for employers. Work with the world’s leading employers to help them understand and improve their key metrics. For example, determining an employer’s brand awareness within a specific talent pool and the conversion of those students to interns.
- Employer value (ROI) analysis. Develop robust metrics and datasets for analyzing the value employers are getting from Handshake, and work with the product & engineering teams to scale these.
- Self service analytics tools for sales & customer success teams. Our customer conversations always revolve around data. Enable our customer-facing teams to surface insights themselves; train them on how to best drive these conversations.
- Explore and validate opportunities to apply data across the business. Beyond what’s listed here, there are potential applications of data everywhere in the business… you’ll seek these out and propose powerful new ideas!
You’ll work with these technologies:
- Looker - BI platform
- SQL / R / Python / Scala - some combo of these
- Snowflake - data warehouse
- Databricks - analytics platform
- Fivetran - data pipeline
- HubSpot - marketing platform
- Salesforce - CRM
- AskNicely - customer feedback platform
- Various data in Google Sheets, XLS, CSV, etc
- 3+ years of experience in marketing operations or similar roles, ideally in a B2B SaaS business.
- Expert user of at least one leading marketing automation platform (such as Marketo, Hubspot, etc)
- Experience extracting, analyzing, summarizing and communicating data
- Have worked with demand gen / marketing programs in a rapid growth environment, strong understanding of marketing principles and revenue funnel.
- Comfort working in a fast paced, changing environment and willing to take initiative.
- Demonstrated track record of innovating in digital channels and programs (both outbound and inbound)
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.