Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 700 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 300,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Product Marketing Manager for our fast-growing employer business unit. You'll be responsible for bringing the potential of Handshake’s unique platform to life for the 300,000 employers on our platform. This is a pivotal time in the growth of our business, as we scale our enterprise offering and create the category of proactive, data-driven recruiting for entry level (college) talent. Leading employers have built long-term competitive advantage through strong entry-level recruiting over decades (think banks, consulting firms, and iconic brands)... now all employers can create a leadership pipeline by working smarter on a truly connected platform. You’ll get to package, define, and communicate this opportunity to the world.
You’ll be building on the strong product-market fit and business momentum to establish a comprehensive program of your design: covering all facets of product marketing from market strategy and segmentation, to competitive analysis, to product launches and messaging delivery. You’ll work alongside our newly established Demand Generation team to inspire every leading employer to rethink how they approach entry-level recruiting on Handshake. You’ll be part of a close-knit cross functional team including demand generation, marketing operations, sales, product management, customer success, insights and events - together building a truly game-changing SaaS platform.
- Segmentation and persona definition: Identify target customers, their needs, and how products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and product usage. Partner closely with relevant teams to ensure segments are validated and applicable in practice.
- Market intelligence: Own research programs and identify priority actions to ensure we maintain competitive positioning and differentiation as we pioneer a category.
- Roadmap development: Partner closely with product management to ensure customer needs and insights are central to roadmap development.
- Launch management: Ensure every product release creates value for customers, prospects, and is differentiated in the marketplace. Lead development of internal and external communications for new products to ensure clear understanding of benefits. Manage all key stakeholders and the launch timeline for seamless launch.
- Messaging: Develop product positioning, value propositions, and key messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns.
- Pricing & packaging: Drive our enterprise pricing strategy, including tiers, architecture, modules, and communication via marketing and sales. Align pricing with value and ensure that customers see clear ROI. Partner with internal stakeholders with finance, sales and product to iterate and optimize.
- Enablement: Arm the employer sales and customer success teams, with training, talk tracks, battlecards, presentations, and other collateral that proves business value for each segment.
- Content creation: Develop and deliver compelling content for reports, webinars, events and speaking opportunities. Partner with our data, social media, and student teams to surface attention-worthy insights and stories to inspire employers.
- Develop and build strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders in an effort to collaborate and drive the overall business
You’ll work with these technologies
- Looker - analytics platform (SQL a plus)
- HubSpot - marketing platform
- Salesforce - CRM
- MixMax - sales enablement and email platform
- AskNicely - customer feedback platform
- G Suite collaboration platform
- 3+ years of experience in product marketing, ideally in a B2B SaaS business
- Delivered multiple successful product launches, ideally partnering with a sales and customer success teams to ensure adoption in an enterprise prospect / customer base
- Played a pivotal role in development of new product lines or features
- Has developed a pricing plan and forecast
- Developed messaging and content and deployed these through multiple channels
- Experience extracting, analyzing, summarizing and communicating data. Bonus points if you’re familiar with SQL and data pipelines
- Have worked in a fast paced, changing environment and willing to take initiative
- Comfortable presenting ideas and information to senior leadership internally and externally
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.