Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 700 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 300,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Product Manager reporting to the Head of Student & University Product, on the Student team.
Millions of students log into Handshake every day, trying to figure out what is next for them. While existing platforms cater to experienced hires with established networks who know what they’re looking for, Handshake is the leading career platform for students. And, those students are primarily on their phones.
As Senior Product Manager for the Guidance Team, you will be responsible for helping guide our students through their first time job application experience and creating products that set them up for success (ex. step-by-step guides, building a major picker, or even a coaching product). You will shape how the next generation makes one of the most important decisions of their lives - what do they want to do after college.
- Own the onsite experience where students explore and apply to jobs, creating a superior product for students to find and build a meaningful career.
- Define the strategy for how Handshake guides students in the process - what is the voice of Handshake? what products should we build?
- Innovate - create new and unique experiences that push the boundaries of what a career platform can be
- Use growth chops to drive adoption and engagement
- Work with stakeholders across all three sides of the business to bring our partners along as we innovate quickly
- Minimum 5 years experience delivering successful and innovative consumer products.
- Entrepreneurial - You have experience building successful products 0 to 1.
- Student obsession. You dive headfirst into understanding the needs of students and build products grounded in data and research.
- Finger-tippiness with data. You easily identify the minimum data needed to make decisions. You can pull data yourself and tell insightful stories with that data to inform product direction.
- Ruthlessly prioritize. You are able to cut through the fluff and focus on what is most impactful for the product and your own contribution.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on. It’s never someone else’s problem.
- A high bar across the board — from your own contribution, to the people you work with, to the products you ship.
- Technical savviness. You’ve had experience either as an engineer or building complex products with engineers.
- A true passion for and commitment to Handshake’s mission. You show up each day to help all students no matter who they are or where they come from find and build a meaningful career.
- You are constantly learning and growing.
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- 2+ yrs working on products geared towards 18-22yr olds
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.