Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 700 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 300,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Marketing Director to focus on our University business.
Do you love a great story? Can you study an audience and craft a message? Have you ever dove deep into user data, engineering reports, or customer support inquiries and returned to the surface with a brilliant gem of an idea?
As the Marketing Director for our University Business, you will bring a deep interest in a diverse group of customers - career centers, students, and employers - and a natural ability to identify and respond to what drives them.
You’re a great storyteller, and can instinctively tell when a message is resonating. Since you will be working across three discrete products, you possess a track record of combining these skills and leading teams to success. You have launched many new products and platforms, and created a range of tools, materials, processes, and insights to enable product, sales, and marketing teams to achieve new heights.
- Make an impact on key student-side metrics such as activation and engagement through collaboration with our University partners
- Enable our university partners with tools and resources to ensure they are able to best take advantage of what Handshake has to offer and foster a strong brand with these partners, as well as more effectively reach students.
- Partner and collaborate with Product Management to define the product feature roadmap, while incorporating feedback from a broad range of cross-functional teams.
- Work cross-functionally to plan and execute product launches, including defining product messaging and go-to-market strategies, messaging, scoping campaign strategies, and creating marketing materials and sales tools to support.
- Foster a deeply collaborative relationship with Sales and Customer Success and continually empower them with new messaging and materials that enhance the customer experience, and define scalable processes that let them reach our University partners even more effectively.
- Manage all aspects of market research, including customer interviewing and surveying, competitive analysis, and then, synthesize this information into a clear and compelling market requirements document.
- Act as an evangelist for the product and company by speaking at events and conferences, writing blog posts and bylined articles, and creating hosted videos and other multimedia.
- Experience influencing others across multiple groups and collaborating to achieve objectives.
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience launching products in an omnichannel environment.
- Comfort in a face-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- 10+ years marketing experience including working through multiple internal and external partners to achieve results.
- Compensation & Equity: Competitive salary and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Monthly L&D opportunities
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.