Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 700 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 300,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
How You Would Make an Impact at Handshake
Handshake is hiring a Sales Development Representative on the Employer SDR team. In this role you will work to prospect and generate leads for our account executives showcasing Handshake as the premier way for top brands to recruit emerging college talent. For many Employers, you’ll be the first point of contact at Handshake as you get them excited, handle objections, and move them through the sales pipeline. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing sales team and develop your selling skills!
Opportunities and Responsibilities
Sales Development Representatives at Handshake have the opportunity to work, collaborate and grow across a wide array of projects, including:
- Prospecting and generating leads with employers
- Collaborating closely with Account Executives to develop strategies for target employers, prospects, and messaging/talk-tracks
- Starting and establishing exciting new relationships, opportunities, and meetings with prospective Employers
- Qualifying new opportunities and handling complex objections
- Creating significant outbound activity via targeted cold-calling and emailing
- Always improving your approach by using data-driven solutions to track your results
- Meeting - and exceeding! - your weekly quota to help the team hit our Employer growth objectives
You will have an opportunity to learn and grow in this role. We support our SDRs and seek to promote SDRs into Account Executives based on demonstrating success in the role, alignment with our values, and a passion for helping students.
What qualities are we looking for?
- Ambitious and self-motivated with comfort in a quota-carrying environment (prior sales experience isn't necessary but it is a bonus!)
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Willingness to lead a high volume of outbound calling and emailing activities every day - while maintaining a positive and energetic attitude
- Attention to detail and outstanding communication skills
- Willing to work out of our San Francisco office
- Prior experience using Salesforce
- A history of quota attainment / relevant sales experience
- Knowledge or experience of career services, student affairs, or higher education.
- Experience with marketing / design projects
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software necessary get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.