Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 700 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 300,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We recently have built a brand new Android app from the ground up, with a focus on delightful user experience - and now we want to grow our team! You will be our first dedicated Android team member and will play a large role in shaping the future of Android at Handshake.
In this role, you will be responsible for refining our MVP features, implementing new core functionality, and building new Android features to help students find and build meaningful careers. You will be involved from design all the way to release; working closely with product, design and engineering teams to create delightful user experiences.
You will thrive in this role if you want an opportunity to shape the foundation of Android development and mobile culture at Handshake.
- You love good design and friendly user-experiences.
- You are self-driven and able to prioritize your time diligently
- Problem-solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- At least 3 years of experience with the Android platform
- At least 5 years experience in software engineering
- On the job experience with Kotlin or Java on
- On the job experience with Android UI development, especially transitions and animations
- On the job experience with datasistence, RESTful, MVC and MVVM architectures
Technologies you'll work with
- Android & Android Studio
- Experience shipping one or more Android apps, ideally currently available in the Google Play Store
- Created your own custom UI
- Created your own Android library
- Built an app with a Functional Reactive programming framework
- Experience with automation using Fastlane
- Experience with UI Tests
- UI Design Experience
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.