About the team
We’re a queer owned and queer run business aligned around a single mission… to build a fairer world without an LGBT+ wealth gap.
We’re no ordinary bank - we understand queer culture like no other. Not only are we experts in banking and technology, we’ve lived rich queer lives. We’ve run dating apps (swipe left) and we’ve been pop stars. Our story of fearlessly closing the LGBTQ+ wealth gap is just beginning - join us for the ride of your life!
At Daylight, you’ll assist our marketing team in growing our business from 500 customers to 50,000 customers. You’ll work closely with the founders, product and the creative team to own user acquisition, retention/engagement, marketing communications and brand development.
You’ll be hands-on, applying direct-to-consumer marketing strategy and execution skills to take our technology product from beta to a successful national launch and beyond.
- Work closely with our Marketing and Community team to develop strategy and execution for our digital banking product, moving us from onboarding hundreds of customers a month to thousands of customers a month.
- You'll drive engagement with the brand and with the product, encouraging users to deepen their relationship with Daylight as evidenced by increased average monthly spend, uptake of direct deposits, and share of customer wallets and churn.
- You’ll support our product team with market research and analysis to understand what’s on trend in consumer fintech, LGBTQ+ culture.
- Create advertising assets for our social and partnership growth strategies.
- You’ll possess a data and analytical mindset - as comfortable in Google Sheets as you are on a photoshoot.
- You’ll have excellent communication skills - from writing a press release to writing a conference speech, you can use the power of words to influence, explain and advocate.
- You’ll love meeting people, and be capable of representing the company at external events.
- You’ve got experience or interest running activation campaigns across digital and in-person / experiential marketing.
- You’ll have a strong eye for detail and a taste for design.
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing, entrepreneurship, and/or community engagement
- Interest in fintech, financial literacy, or LGBTQ+ advocacy is a bonus
- You’ll be scrappy with a growth-hacking mindset
- Comfortable receiving and delivering upon feedback from a wide variety stakeholders
- The ability to quickly step into a team and establish empathy with business teams as well as customers
- A passion for supporting the LGBT+ community
Things that will accelerate your success at Daylight:
Understanding of the LGBT+ market through professional or lived experience, for example as family or friends of LGBT+ people; participating in LGBT+ allyship activities and/or direct service provision to LGBT+ people in a professional setting.
Daylight’s value, Attentive, means that we aim to create a culture of empathy where everyone can belong and be their real authentic selves in the office. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives, though we have strict policies in place against racism, homophobia, biphobia and transphobia. LGBT+ people have a wide variety of lifestyles and we offer an affirming company (not just judgement-free), and you’ll need to be open minded to work in our company.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.