Common Room brings companies closer to their communities.
Today’s most successful organizations are powered by thriving communities of end users, but many struggle with visibility into this new growth engine. Common Room gives teams the ability to understand and take action on the engagement happening across digital channels to deliver better customer experiences, measure community impact, and drive business growth.
We’ve raised over $50 million from top-tier investors including Greylock, Index, and Madrona to build the community platform for modern SaaS companies. And we’re backed by 25+ operators from community-first organizations such as Figma, Stripe, Airtable, Slack, Notion, Loom, and more.
You + Common Room? You’d be joining a team that revels in asking hard questions, collaborating gladly, and making decisions quickly—a team that values simplicity, passion, trust, each other, and our customers above all.
So hello! Please, knock on our door. We'd love to meet you.
Why we need you:
We're looking for an entrepreneurial product manager to join our small and wildly-talented team, and help us imagine and build a product that enables a future where communities lead and shape the products we use and how we adopt them, across every industry in the world. This is a new category of product and the area is ripe with opportunity -- if you feel energized and excited by this and love creating clarity from chaos -- this is the team for you!
At Common Room, our Product Managers have a diverse role. That means working with our Engineers, Designers, and our Go-to-Market teams to understand our customers' needs and build a simple, beautiful, yet powerful product. You will help set the vision, strategy, and roadmap for Common Room - including leading how we will become generally available as a product line, deeply understanding our customer needs, exploring solution spaces with great breadth and fidelity, and being directly responsible for a set of our customer relationships and translating that into product requirements. All this while moving with velocity and purpose, and always humbly adapting to new data to build a product that deeply meets the needs of our customers.
We have amazing customers -- like Figma, Notion, Airtable, Temporal, Grammarly, Atlassian, Webflow, Databricks and others, all on the leading edge of community-first organizations who believe deeply in product-led growth. Joining our PM team early means your fingerprints will be all over the foundation of the product and it's growth.
How you’ll contribute:
- Define and manage the entire product lifecycle from product concept and definition through development, detailed product specs, launch and culmination for your customer workflows (organized as engineering pods), in close collaboration with engineering and design.
- Influence the product line strategy and roadmap including long-term vision, user segment insights, technical innovation, market trends, and platform capabilities.
- Be a thoughtful team leader and help make your teammates better.
- Be directly responsible for a set of key customer relationships, help direct and conduct customer research and distill analyses to aid product strategy. Be the voice of the customer or promote others voicing customer needs in product discussions.
- Curate product definition and communicate requirements from our customers. Synthesize a variety of insights through discovery and conceptualization; drive decision making on nuanced product tradeoffs informed by key user journeys, technical insights, and product strategy.
- Coach and mentor others, and define product processes to help us improve our Product Craft in a fast-moving environment to create clarity and visibility for the team.
- Balance design and technical tradeoffs and find creative ways of solving customer needs.
You will enjoy being a member of our team if you:
- Are passionate about defining strategy, processes, and metrics to create a product from 0-1, and not shy about rolling up your sleeves to get tactical with whatever the team needs to build the right product.
- Are motivated with the big picture and can articulate strategy with a leadership team, but can also get into the details of a product spec with an eye for frictionless user experiences and clear customer value. Have experience showcasing an "eye for design" ー building beautiful, simple user experiences in collaboration with designers.
- Are scrappy, inventive, creative, and original - you don’t pattern match but rather leverage your experience and then rigorously test strategies and pivot when necessary. You never have a “not my job” mentality.
- Can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at startup speed. Proactively move initiatives forward and consistently lead projects from start-to-finish with limited direction.
- You don’t think product management “sets” the roadmap but see your role as a steward to the team around you -- to steer to the right product to build that is deeply loved by your customers.
- Thrive in a dynamic, changing environment -- knowing when to set up product processes and when not too -- optimizing for velocity on building the right product, clarity and focus for the team you work with, and inclusiveness and openness for a company that operates with a mindset of “In It Together”.
- Care about teammates and uplift and improve the team and the team's culture. Are highly-collaborative and a humble, and trusted team leader.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, visual), for both internal and external audiences.
- Have 6+ years experience in product management with successful examples creating a new product from 0-1. This is a role where you will coach and mentor others on the Product Craft -- you need to have experience here or be constantly self-reflective on how you can continue to excel in your craft!
- Be Customer-centric - We work backwards from the needs of our customers. The crisp articulation of customer value guides our decisions.
- Strive for Simplicity - We choose simplicity over complexity whenever possible. We seek to identify and understand the essential quality of what we are building.
- Make it Happen - We are quick to take the first step, and prioritize decisiveness over fear of making a mistake. We don’t confuse motion for movement and we measure ourselves on impact over actions.
- We’re In this Together - We measure personal success by the success of our customers and teammates. Relationships matter, and the strongest ones are built on the foundations of trust, enablement, and transparency.
Our investment in caring for our employees and their families is a key part of our values and culture at Common Room:
- Competitive base compensation with meaningful equity ownership
- Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- We pay 100% of your employee premium and 50% of your premium for any dependents
- Long Term Care insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Work from home policy including a laptop and support for your home office needs
- 401(k) self contribution
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Family Leave
- Opportunity to join a diverse, passionate, and fun team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
Common Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.