Common Room brings companies closer to their communities. Today’s most successful companies are driven by thriving communities of end users. As a result, companies of all sizes are investing in their communities, but software hasn’t caught up yet. Until now. We’re building the first community intelligence platform that identifies the people, topics, and organizations that matter most. With Common Room, teams can finally realize the true potential of their communities and build stronger relationships with their users than ever before.
We’ve raised over $50 million from top-tier investors including Greylock, Index, and Madrona to build the community platform for modern SaaS companies. Additionally, we’re backed by 25+ operators from community-first organizations such as Figma, Stripe, Airtable, Slack, Notion, Loom, and more.
You + Common Room? You’d be joining a team that revels in asking hard questions, collaborating gladly, and making decisions quickly—a team that values simplicity, passion, trust, each other, and our customers above all.
So hello! Please, knock on our door. We'd love to meet you.
Why we need you:
You’re an events whiz. You’re creative, logistics-savvy, detail-oriented, and love to bring people and ideas together digitally and in-person. As the first dedicated community events coordinator at Common Room, you’d focus on strategizing, scoping, launching, running, and growing our community events big and small. You’d be ideating ways to bring our community members closer together both digitally and in-person, and you’d help shape our events framework by experimenting with and choosing the platforms and partners we use to deliver events.
You’d be on point to understand the types of events our community members and potential customers would most benefit from, and you’d be urged to think creatively to deliver events that will surprise and delight. In your role, you’d own everything from intimate digital get-togethers focused on community building best practices to large-scale, multi-city, multi-touchpoint hybrid events. You’d also co-own events sponsorships and partnerships, offering your experience and insights to help define partnerships with great complementary events that would help us connect with customers anywhere they are. The bottom line? You’d create events that connect people to each other, to ideas, and to us at Common Room—and perhaps uncover and deliver other event-based opportunities we haven’t dreamt of yet.
You’d dream and deliver alongside a small and mighty team of seasoned co-founders, community leaders, marketers, product designers, product managers, recruiters and, last but never least, the best darn engineering team this side of the Mississippi.
You’d love working with us in this role if you:
- Have 4+ years of experience in event based marketing, field marketing, event coordination, event strategy, event planning, event marketing, community building, or a related field that makes you a great fit for this role
- Are jazzed to bring people together in different event formats, both digital and in-person
- Are ready to scope an events calendar, experiment with event styles, and deliver inclusive, educational, and connective events at a regular cadence
- Love thinking creatively and also love planning, logistics, and details behind well-crafted events
- Are eager to bring passionate people together and are focused on gathering a diverse set of people, viewpoints, voices, and expertise in the same place
- Feel comfortable with ambiguity, horizontal team structures, wearing lots of hats, and TL;DR with a dose of good humor
- Be Customer-centric - We work backwards from the needs of our customers. The crisp articulation of customer value guides our decisions.
- Strive for Simplicity - We choose simplicity over complexity whenever possible. We seek to identify and understand the essential quality of what we are building.
- Craft Excellence - We take pride in our craft and are relentless in our pursuit of excellence. But we also know real artists ship.
- We’re In this Together - We measure personal success by the success of our customers and teammates. Relationships matter, and the strongest ones are built on the foundations of trust, enablement, and transparency.
Our investment in caring for our employees and their families is a key part of our values and culture at Common Room:
- Competitive base compensation with meaningful equity ownership
- Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- We pay 100% of your employee premium and 50% of your premium for any dependents
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- Work from home policy including a laptop and support for your home office needs
- 401(k) self contribution (coming soon)
- Opportunity to join a diverse, passionate, and fun team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
- Remote friendly (west coast preferred)
Common Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.