Program Manager, Inclusive Regional Economic Development
Location: Flexible within California (Oakland, CA preferred)
JFF is a national nonprofit that drives transformation in the American workforce and education systems. For over 35 years, JFF has led the way in designing innovative and scalable solutions that create access to economic advancement for all. Learn more about JFF and join us as we build a future that works.
About the position:
JFF is seeking a California-based Program Manager to work with the Inclusive Regional Economic Development team. This team designs place-based strategies to transform workforce, education, and employment systems and produces more equitable outcomes for Californians, with a focus on cross-sector work between K-12 and community college systems, workforce, economic development, industry, and government.
The Program Manager will support strategic initiatives, events, and communications across a diverse portfolio of projects. A significant portion of this role will be dedicated to supporting projects focused on innovative programs and initiatives in higher education such as competency-based education, credit for prior learning, dual enrollment, and change management.
The Program Manager will join a team of JFF staff supporting the successful implementation of this pilot program through facilitating learning sessions, providing individualized guidance to colleges, coordinating with subject matter experts, coordinating documents for grant disbursements, and overall project management for this four-year initiative.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain project work plans to track progress on meeting deliverables and objectives; hold team members accountable to project timelines.
- Plan, coordinate, and co-facilitate meetings of diverse stakeholders, including peer-learning meetings and site visits as well as large, multi-day convenings.
- Manage internal data systems, repositories, and data analysis procedures.
- Assist with producing written deliverables for multiple audiences, including project and funder memos, policy briefs, grant reports, web content and/or blogs.
- Develop and maintain strategic communication platforms, including social media and web presence.
- Develop and support external presentations and webinars.
Strategic and Analytical Thinking
- Conduct primary and secondary research as needed to identify and analyze best practices and learnings from the field.
- Co-design and contribute to the teams emerging areas of focus related to inclusive economic development, place-based strategies, community participation, and/or the future of learning and work.
Management of Relationships
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners including funders, workforce and education system leaders, industry representatives, and community-based organizations.
Who you are:
- You have experience in economic or community development, public policy, urban planning, education, workforce, or related field.
- You have strong project management and organizational skills; you can work quickly and independently, prioritize, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- You have experience in managing complex projects and/or planning events.
- You have strong writing and editing skills; you can communicate ideas clearly and concisely for multiple audiences.
- You have strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Power-Point, and Excel
- You have experience with Project Management software and/or a willingness to learn it.
- You have experience in communications/marketing; social media is a plus.
- You possess high energy and passion for JFF’s mission; ability to apply JFF’score values to all areas of your work
- You model inclusive leadership, working effectively with diverse staff, and building and stewarding an organizational culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- You build positive, effective, collaborative cultures and teams wherever you work.
- You are a curious and adaptive learner, with a willingness to take in new information, perspectives, and data to inform your work.
- You demonstrate a growth mindset and a desire to continuously improve in your work and approach.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
JFF offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and skills.