Coordinator, Events IT and Digital Media
JFF is a national nonprofit that drives transformation in the American workforce and education systems. For over 35 years, JFF has led the way in designing innovative and scalable solutions that create access to economic advancement for all. Learn more about JFF and join us as we build a future that works.
About the position:
The Coordinator, Events IT and Digital Media role will support the Events Team in designing and executing 50+ virtual, in-person, and hybrid events each year. In addition, this role will require some post-production video editing. Reporting to the JFF Senior Director this role will also work very closely with the Information Technology team in support of event production. In this role, you will interface with JFF staff across the country and high-profile event participants from various industries. This position will be based in Boston and consist of work in a socially distance office environment following COVID guidelines, some remote work, and some travel.
What you'll do:
- Assist with staffing a live virtual help desk to assist event attendees
- Conduct speaker technical/connectivity preparation calls
- Demonstrate use of virtual event platform to attendees, be proactive in identifying and instructing non-technologically inclined individuals
- Troubleshoot technical issues during preparation or live sessions and events
- Perform post-production video editing and posting
- Responsible for production and preparation sessions
- Sort and upload digital files while accurately documenting changes and logging activity in web-based spreadsheets
- Upload and edit presenter documents in PowerPoint, Keynote, PDF, etc. as directed
- Assist event manager with events including design and event
- Facilitate event transitions as directed (provide a warning to presenters of impending transitions and then execute the transition at the appropriate time)
Strategic and Analytical Thinking
- Accurately document and report any technical issues
- Answer questions about the event and JFF
- Analyze trends across events for continuous organizational learning and improvement
Who you are:
- You possess high energy and passion for JFF’s mission; ability to apply JFF’s core values to all areas of your work
- You bring at least two years of relevant professional experience, ideally from a previous role(s) that required using both Mac and Windows operating systems for system preferences and file/folder organization in Finder (Mac) and Explorer (Windows) ]You have experience with multiple internet web browsers including Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
- You have experience with virtual events and conferencing software including but not limited to Cvent, Bizzabo, BrandLive, WebEx, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- You have experience with productivity software such as Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint (Office 365), Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, etc.
- You are highly capable of learning new software and events platforms
- You must exhibit excellent customer service skills-must be comfortable in a client-facing role
- You have previous audio/visual event experience
- You are dependable and willing to work a flexible schedule with often inconsistent hours dictated by event schedules
- You contribute to positive, effective, collaborative cultures and teams wherever you work and stewarding an organizational culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You are a curious and adaptive learner, with a willingness to take in new information, perspectives and data to inform your work
- You demonstrate a growth mindset and a desire to continuously improve in your work
- You are able and willing to travel up to 20% (The frequency will vary according to mix of projects. Note: JFF staff are traveling as needed in accordance with our travel policy which is updated regularly with COVID-19 restrictions to prioritize the health and safety of our staff.)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
JFF offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and skills.