Associate Director, Corporate Advisory Services
About JFF and JFFLabs:
JFF is a national nonprofit that drives transformation in the American workforce and education systems. For 36 years, JFF has led the way in designing innovative and scalable solutions that create access to economic advancement for all. JFFLabs, the innovation engine of JFF, mobilizes promising technologies and strategic partnerships to scale solutions that expand economic advancement for all. We bridge the gap between companies and startups, traditional education and workforce systems, and investment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. We foster a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
About the Position
Associate Director, Corporate Advisory Services is a critical role focused on supporting the growth and management of JFF’s fast growing corporate advisory services practice. The Associate Director will report directly to the Senior Director, Advisory Services at JFF.
The Associate Director will be an integral part of the Corporate Leadership team at JFF, working closely with team members and the Senior Director to lead the development of a high-impact advisory services practice– one that supports innovating organizations as they envision, develop, and implement practices that drive the economic advancement of workers. The Associate Director will also play a key role working internally throughout JFF to support strategy and staffing solutions for the variety of work that comes in under Advisory Services.
The goals for our work are ambitious. The team environment is creative, impact-oriented, generative, and highly-collaborative. We are builders and innovators, driving progress in a unique environment that is part start-up, part traditional nonprofit that continues to evolve with the needs of the economy and the people we serve. The Associate Director plays an important role in this environment and is helping to scale a rapidly growing line of business. The position therefore requires a dynamic, agile leader who is comfortable across a wide variety of responsibilities.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Project Management: Manage a variety of internal- and external-facing projects. Some projects are with small teams, while others may engage larger teams of people who are from both inside and outside of our organization.
- Client Management: Serve as the direct Engagement Lead for a portion of our Advisory Services portfolio. Consult clients on strategies to help their workers achieve greater economic advancement. Advisory service engagements are with a variety of client types from across functional areas and levels of seniority.
- Business Development: With support from the Senior Director, help build a repeatable, effective business development approach for our Advisory Services practice. Contribute to pipeline development and build compelling proposals.
- Practice Excellence: Help to evolve and maintain a set of rigorous standards for JFF’s Advisory Services Practice. Execute that process across a variety of engagements that you own. Contribute processes for continuous learning and improvement for the Advisory Services practice area.
- Content Development: Conceive of and develop highly compelling original collateral – i.e., case studies, briefs, frameworks, tools/resources, etc. – that will drive awareness, action and additional business development in the market.
- Meeting Design and Facilitation: Collaborate with and support the Corporate Leadership team on the development and facilitation of a range of meetings, workshops, and collaborative/consultative sessions with prospects, clients, and other external stakeholders
- You have demonstrated an ability to create, sustain, and grow demand for a visionary product or service. You create trust through your thought leadership and build authentic partnerships.
- You are extremely strategic. You understand how decisions get made, you can take in multiple inputs at the same time, and you evaluate what choices are on the table in order to take action and chart a path forward. You are a seasoned project manager.
- You have demonstrated entrepreneurial ability and are enthusiastic about exploring and testing new possibilities. You thrive in a start-up environment and are an agile problem-solver.
- You have 5+ years of client management experience with 5+ years of experience managing complex projects that require problem-solving and analysis.
- Ideally, you have experience with multiple facets of an advisory practice, including: project staffing, budgeting, pricing, business development (full spectrum, from initial outreach to “closing the deal”), team and leadership, setting and managing to financial and social impact targets and goals, and systems development and management.
- You build positive, effective, collaborative cultures and teams wherever you work. You are known among colleagues as somebody with whom people want to collaborate.
- You have excellent communication skills – both written and spoken. You have the ability to persuasively and efficiently build and deliver presentations for senior executives. You are recognized as a dynamic facilitator.
- You are excellent at working both in teams and independently. You are able to supervise others and lead teams through rapid growth and change.
- You model inclusive leadership, working effectively with diverse staff, and building and stewarding an organizational culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- You have significant direct experience consulting to organizations large and small and leading complex client engagements; particularly with C-suite players, CSR leaders, and HR leaders and managers.
- You possess high energy and passion for JFF’s mission and our private sector strategy. You have direct experience and nuanced knowledge of the issues of economic opportunity and/or workforce development.
- You believe deeply in the power of the private sector to drive positive change in society. You have a demonstrated ability to influence companies to shift strategies and practices that drive positive change.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
As part of your application, please include your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, addressed to Audrey Mickahail, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
JFF offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and skills.