JFF is a national nonprofit that drives transformation in the American workforce and education systems. For over 35 years, JFF has led the way in designing innovative and scalable solutions that create access to economic advancement for all. Learn more about JFF and join us as we build a future that works.
About the position:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Grants Management, the Grants Management Analyst will provide support to Grants Management Team and Budget Management function in preparing financial analysis, fiscal year budgets, and monthly management reporting for their designated portfolio. The Grants Management Analyst will act as a thought partner to a subset of programmatic units and will provide a range of financial supports including reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced grants manager who is looking to leverage their skills to have an impact on the continued growth and success of a mission-driven organization. Successful applicants will be analytical problem-solvers who enjoy collaborating and being a thought partner to others while bringing a strong attention to detail to their work.
What you'll do:
Serve as fiscal lead for a portfolio of program units.
- Lead quarterly portfolio meetings to discuss budget issues, provide training, review reports, and discuss grants compliance issues.
- Provide technical advice on grants and finance questions with support of Grants Management team.
- Assist in the grant proposal budget process and approve program budgets.
- Provide quality service and support for program staff to monitor budgets and complete periodic and funder reporting requirements.
- Promote best practices for managing grants and contracts (federal and non-federal) and ensure financial compliance with JFF’s policies and procedures and applicable legal rules and regulations.
- Review and ensure budgetary practices lead to effective management of JFF's resources as well as comply with funders' guidelines for budget proposals and funder financial reports.
Work in close collaboration with team members to support the overall success of the Grants Management Team.
- Assist in analyzing project budgets and financial activity for multiple programmatic units.
- Develop financial analysis and update financial models and projections alongside other Grants Management Team members.
- Enhance, develop, and produce materials to facilitate annual budget planning and financial monitoring of budget-to-actuals at the programmatic unit level.
- Review financial data and explore options for report development within existing financial applications.
- Help train Program Staff in necessary fiscal functions including reviewing and approving vendor payments, contracts, and running Fiscal reports.
- Assist VP of Finance with special projects as needed.
Who you are:
- You have prior experience managing grants with knowledge of federal, state, and non-federal grant and contract proposal and reporting requirements, ideally with nonprofit accounting or cost accounting experience.
- You process excellent analytical skills are adept at budget management, financial analysis and financial modeling.
- You are an advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, preferably with experience with financial systems and data query tools (ex: GP Dynamics, SSRS, and Adaptive Planning).
- You are self-organized, flexible, and have experience managing multiple, challenging projects simultaneously.
- You are energized by working collaboratively with others and have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- You bring an excellent attention to detail and have an eye for preparing high-quality products and reports within a fast-faced and fluid environment, with attention to matters of compliance and confidentiality.
- You demonstrate a growth mindset and a desire to continuously improve in your work and approach and bring an eye for process and system improvement with a focus on efficiency and automation in building and enhancing reports and analysis.
- You have knowledge of sound accounting practices and know how to ensure compliance and effective use of internal controls.
- You operate with a positive customer-service orientation when monitoring project expenditures and supporting program staff in managing projects effectively and efficiently.
- You possess high energy and passion for JFF’s mission; ability to apply JFF’s core values to all areas of your work.
- You model inclusive leadership, working effectively with diverse staff, and building and stewarding an organizational culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- You are a curious and adaptive learner, with a willingness to take in new information, perspectives and data to inform your work.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
As part of your application, please include your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, addressed to Jill Moriello, Associate Director of Grants Management, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
JFF offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and skills.