About JFF and JFFLabs :
JFF is a national nonprofit that drives transformation in the American workforce and education systems. For 35 years, JFF has led the way in designing innovative and scalable solutions that create access to economic advancement for all. JFFLabs, the innovation engine of JFF, mobilizes promising technologies and strategic partnerships to scale solutions that expand economic advancement for all.
JFF and JFFLabs operate in tandem to pursue the same mission: to build a society in which everyone has the opportunity to access the skills, resources, and credentials they need to achieve economic advancement.
About the position :
Fifteen million people turn to the workforce system each year for advice and information to help them navigate the complexities of life, learning, and work. The workforce system is poised to transform to create greater impact through the use of data and deeper insight into emerging education opportunities, learning outcomes, and labor market shifts.
Accomplishing this will require substantial improvements in data infrastructure and capacity: decision-makers will need timely access to data and outcomes metrics and the capacity to interpret and use them.
The Senior Product Manager, Data Services will contribute to the design and development of new data products and dashboards in service of this mission. This role will report to the Director, Data services and specify the functional requirements of products based on user feedback, have significant input into the business strategy behind all newly developed data products, and manage the launch of features around these products.
What you’ll do:
- Apply product development cycle expertise and product development best-practices around innovation, product management, data, and analytics
- Provide technical expertise and leverage industry trends and emerging new technologies that provide the organization with innovative products and strategies
- Build systems and processes to develop a systematic approach to how products are developed and launched
- Develop detailed requirement documents and identify and translate market needs into product requirements
- Create UX design deliverables such as process flows, wireframes, mockups, and functional prototypes to effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
- Conduct expert reviews and usability assessments on existing and future application features, and design creative solutions for known usability and user experience issues
- Create all typical outputs for a UX designer, including wireframes, storyboards, journey maps, prototypes, production-ready interface designs and assets, and impeccable whiteboard sketches
People-Centered Problem Solver
- Manage and facilitate pilots and new product startup, working with internal team members, and external organizations from across the country
- Develop and help conduct design thinking sessions to understand end-user and customer needs to shape product vision and go to market strategy
- Communicate strategy developments, provide ongoing updates, prioritize tasks, and escalate potential barriers and risks to other members of the team, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Interact with customers to help develop and validate product requirements, roadmaps, and design features of new products
Team Player with Technology Chops
- Cooperate with cross-functional teams and interact with various partners, suppliers, and vendors and conduct technical discussions directly with management and other team members
- Manage and prioritize work streams in an environment with evolving priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience speaking with a wide variety of audience s (e.g., technical, business, consumer, etc.)
Who you are:
- Belief in JFF's core values and ability to apply those values to all areas of your work
- Minimum 4 years of experience in product-related management positions, preferably in consumer engagement and user experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Degree in Business, Design, Marketing, Economics, Engineering, or equivalen t work experience
- Candidate portfolio featuring UX (wireframes/prototypes/other UX artifacts) and visual design work
- Experience with business intelligence tools and data dashboard products (MicroStrategy, Tableau, QLick , Microsoft BI, Domo, Looker)
- Experience developing or managing user experience architecture, design, or similar roles
- Fluency with user research, usability testing and interaction design methods and tools
- Available to travel at least 25% of the year
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
As part of your application, please include your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, addressed to Josh Copus , outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
JFF offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and skills.