JobGet is building the home for America’s workforce. As the #1 app focused on hourly workers, we serve a massive and underserved population that traditionally has not been supported in growing their careers and financial well-being.
We help people get jobs and want to make that process as frictionless and straightforward for as many people as possible. We’re concentrated on providing the best experience, from job searching to community resources, financial support, and more.
Our mission is to help America’s workforce thrive, and we look forward to you joining us in building the default, go-to app for America's workforce.
Learn more about our culture here
Who we are
We’ve designed our values to be more than just buzzwords; they’re things we can do. We hope that our culture reflects our values by our commitment to living them every day.
Make a difference every day
- Teamwork - We make time to help colleagues across JobGet succeed.
- Excellence - We set ambitious targets, put in extraordinary effort, and persevere until we have accomplished — or exceeded — our goals.
- Innovation - We’re a team of creative, outside-the-box thinkers who thrive in a continuously evolving environment. To us, innovation is about questioning the status quo and always striving to do things better.
Have Unwavering grit
- Resilience - By remaining resilient and adaptable, we grow stronger as individuals and as an organization.
- Accountability - We operate with an ownership mentality where everyone feels a sense of responsibility to make us better and always act in the best interest of JobGet.
- Speed - We make decisions fast and execute them even faster. Bias for speed is one of our core strengths and a key advantage over our competitors.
Grow through curiosity & kindness
- Respect - We treat each other with mutual respect, kindness, and celebrate our differences.
- Learning - We ask questions and seek to understand by being genuinely curious & communicative.
- Culture - We believe that each of us is responsible for our culture. It requires self-discipline and the drive to contribute to something greater than ourselves.
What you’ll do
We are looking for an exceptional and ambitious engineer who enjoys architecting systems and developing in an agile development environment. As part of our tight-knit team, you thrive in building scalable, flexible systems with an emphasis on improving maintainability. You will be a key contributor to the engineering best-practices at JobGet, while working closely with the rest of the engineering team.
- Develop new user-facing features and build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Write tests to mitigate regressions.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years experience of Node.js, Python, Golang, MongoDB, AWS.
- You have experience designing, building, and testing complex scalable systems.
- You can explain complex systems or algorithms in a clear and concise way
- You have strong experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases.
- You have experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- You are experienced with CI/CD.
- You are experienced with AWS and DevOps best practices
- You have experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
At JobGet we’re looking for people who see themselves in our Values. If you have made a measurable impact in your career and are known for your grit and curiosity we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match what you see in the job description. We look forward to hearing from you.
Benefits & Rewards
- Purpose-driven organization
- Flexible time off
- Flexible work hours - our employees are in multiple time zones
- Medical, dental & vision - affordable employee and dependent plans
- Mental health support through SpringHealth
- 401k plan
- Parental leave - 12 weeks of fully paid leave
- Employee stock options
- Awarded “2022 Best Place to Work” by INC. Magazine for exemplary manager effectiveness, perks, employee growth, and overall company culture