Do you want to develop more than just a product?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Staff Mobile Engineer to be part of our growing team.
At Jobber, we don’t just build a product - we work on real problems that help people in small businesses to become successful. We are inspired by our company values: be humble, be supportive and give a shit, which are not just said but are lived. We work in a collaborative environment where teams make decisions with autonomy and contribute directly to shaping the company’s future. We release early and often while dedicating time to address technical debt. We believe in getting instant feedback from our customers and leveraging that to make their lives easier.
We help employees grow professionally; we have a ton of onboarding resources, tutorials, hackathons and buddies to support learnings and provide opportunities to innovate. We have a range of experience levels on teams which allow for mentor/mentee opportunities. Leaders at Jobber work with empathy and support employees to build a healthy work-life harmony. Bring your dedication and passion to this job to fulfill your goals.
Our Software Engineering team is central to the success of Jobber - focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of users around the world.
The Frontend Foundations Team is pivotal in shaping the core of both our web frontend and mobile. We handle essential tasks such as managing dependencies, setting standard design patterns, coordinating testing processes, and guiding release procedures. By focusing on these foundational aspects, we provide a reliable base for developers to work from, helping to streamline the development process and maintain the quality of our web and mobile applications.
At Jobber we never stop growing and learning, and you shouldn’t either. Through continuous 1:1s, dedicated feedback and support from your manager and our Learning and Development team, and your own sense of curiosity, we hope you develop to another level with your skill set.
As a Staff Mobile Engineer you will:
- Shape the future of Jobber Mobile by advocating for the use of best practices, researching and developing prototypes, providing high-level technical estimates, presenting technical options, and advising on feasibility.
- Help drive the technical strategy for mobile engineering by setting pillars, shaping our product roadmap, and helping fine-tune metrics for Jobber Mobile.
- Perform as an individual contributor on major technical roadmap items and delegate where required.
- Level-up other Engineers on the team by providing feedback and coaching to elevate their skills and further their careers.
- Create a shared understanding and buy-in for initiatives through creating and maintaining relationships with stakeholders across Product and Engineering.
- Play an active role in our hiring process to help us continue to scale our team, from interviewing candidates to conducting assignment reviews.
To be successful, you should have:
- A demonstrated history of success in a mobile staff, technical lead, or architect role. You already display expert-level knowledge of mobile development in a production environment.
- A structured understanding of common mobile frameworks, architectures, technologies and patterns.
- Enthusiasm for being the force multiplier, delivering high impact value to the customer and the team early and often!
- An inquisitive mind set; ability to ask a lot of questions, seek out new information and remain open to new ideas and perspectives.
- Experience with Mobile Observability, e2e testing, and CI/CD tools.
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- Experience using React Native and GraphQL in a production environment
- An app in the App Store or Google Play Store
- Exposure or experience in a tech leadership role
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named as a Top 10 Great Place to Work in Canada, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!