Want to have a career that's more exciting than taxing?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Tax Manager to be part of our Finance department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
The Finance team at Jobber is responsible for anything money related to better help plan, budget, and implement Jobber’s best ideas.
Reporting to our Controller, the Tax Manager will be responsible for all things tax at Jobber to ensure that we are meeting our various tax compliance requirements on a timely basis. As our first Tax Manager, you’ll ensure that our tax compliance matters are completed in a timely and accurate manner. This role is for someone who is a quick learner and can easily adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You take pride and ownership over the quality of your work and are comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get the job done. You have next level communication and relationship building abilities that you use to effectively coordinate with external and internal stakeholders.
The Tax Manager will:
- Lead our income tax and indirect tax compliance in Canada, USA and other international jurisdictions as we continue to grow.
- Prepare the financial statement tax notes in accordance with US GAAP, as well as account reconciliations and related journal entries as it relates to taxation.
- Be the primary point of contact for all external tax matters with external consultants, government auditors and financial auditors.
- Manage our Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) process including coordination with external advisors and internal product development teams.
To be successful, you should have:
- Experience in income and indirect tax in both industry and/or tax advisory positions, with a strong knowledge of tax planning, tax compliance and preparation of tax provisions and returns.
- Completed the CPA Canada In Depth Tax Program
- CA/CPA designation
- Experience with US GAAP
- Experience with US income and indirect tax
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually - via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, parental leave top-ups to support your growing family, and a snack box to help support those coffee breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!