Embedded System Engineer
WeRide.ai Silicon Valley team is looking for outstanding Embedded Systems Engineers to help us take requirements from R&D and design to shipping and large-scale production.
You will be responsible for:
- System integration, sensor calibration and platform integration.
- Develop scalable frameworks to support many types of vehicles and sensors.
- Design efficient components and optimize existing software and hardware for limited compute platforms.
- Improve onboard software and hardware stack stability, safety and security.
- Design and build embedded system applications.
- Develop system software in C/C++ for sensors, controllers, and system infrastructure.
- Participate in code reviews and design reviews.
- Maintain performance, quality and responsiveness of the applications.
- Contribute to test automation.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Engineering, Robotics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Proficient in C code, real-time constraints, and hardware interfaces (e.g. Ethernet,CAN, UART, SPI, I2C.).
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Subversion and Git.
- Working knowledge of software debugging and profiling tools.
- Solid background in data structures and algorithms.
- Comfortable with both a logic analyzer/scope and a soldering iron.
- Familiarity with development in Linux-based environments, including kernel module development.
- Experience with RTOS (real-time operating systems).
Preferred to have:
- Hands-on experience in robotic and/or vehicle system design and implementation
- Expertise in vehicle software & network architecture
- Experience with GPS, IMU, radar, LiDAR and camer.
- Knowledge of ROS
- Experience in auto safety systems (ASIL B or ISO 26262)
WeRide.ai offers competitive salaries with demonstrated experience. Employee benefits include:
- Premium Medical, Dental and Vision Plan (no cost from employees or their families)
- Free Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Paid vacations and holidays
- 401K plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Phone reimbursement
Driven by artificial intelligence, WeRide is a smart mobility company that intends to create Level 4 autonomous vehicles for the Chinese market. WeRide was founded in Silicon Valley in April 2017 and established its global headquarters in Guangzhou, China.