Welcome to Jetty, the financial services platform on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and flexible. We’ve built multiple financial products that benefit both renters and property managers - and we’re just getting started.
As a leader in the Jetty engineering team, you’re passionate about building fintech products that provide value to our customers and to Jetty. You are motivated by designing engineering systems around complex business problems. You love to learn, take on challenges, and are empowered in a fast-paced and transparent culture. You're comfortable finding the right tool or pattern for the job, and advocating for improvements to the way we work.
As an Engineering Director at Jetty, you will be responsible for managing a team of high-performing engineers of varying levels and skill sets. You will be the champion and coach for your team, tasked with mentoring individuals, developing the team culture, and leading innovations on how we build and support our architecture in production. You will help your team build scalable and maintainable systems. You will own the direction and growth of your team through proactive hiring. You will also be contributing to an inclusive and diverse environment, and will encourage and exhibit behaviors that bring out the best in everyone.
What you will do:
- Own the Jetty Platform including Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, Security, and Technical Operations teams
- Provide technical and organizational leadership within the engineering team and to external stakeholders
- Ensure clear communication and direction to your engineering team so that they can successfully execute on features, bugs, and tech debt
- Work with the growth and product teams to scope solutions and set timelines that create transparency and accountability around deliverables
- Guide technical discussions within your team, be a subject matter expert to the rest of the engineering teams, and have strategic influence beyond the engineering org
- Partner with the Product Engineering team to set a direction for our architectural vision
- Pair with product and engineering leaders to implement processes that improve how we work together
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence and continuous education within our team and across the company
- Create opportunities for the individuals on your team to grow, learn, fail gracefully, and succeed
- Ensure that the software we build meets acceptance criteria, meets our engineering standards, and is well documented
Our current toolstack:
- AWS Services (Step functions, Event Bridge, Lambdas, EC2, Cloudfront, Application Load Balancers, etc)
- AWS Networking (VPC’s, Security Groups, API Gateway, IAM, SSO, etc)
- RDS, DynamoDB, Redis, Snowflake
- API Services (currently Python)
- OneLogin, Auth0
- Circle CI, GitHub
The experiences you will bring:
- 10+ years of experience in building production-grade software systems
- 5+ years of experience in mentorship and technical leadership
- Experience with building DevOps infrastructure and processes, and a grasp of the fundamentals of site reliability and product engineering
- Strong knowledge of the technical landscape (i.e. languages, frameworks, platforms, networks, technologies, design patterns, security practices and regulations)
- Experience with successfully integration tools and processes for production monitoring, alerting, and support
- Strong experience with defining and implementing an incident management and detection program
- Ability to promote and implement best practices for engineering processes, including agile ceremonies, testing, and production support
- Able to choose the right tool for the right job. We are not tied to any specific technology or framework, but encourage our engineers to explore and learn better ways of building software
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and how to run an agile development team(s)
- Ability to provide critical feedback with empathy and understanding. You are able to use feedback to drive career growth for the individuals on your team
- Understanding of how high-functioning teams operate and the ability to build and develop a high-functioning team
- Strong communication skills to craft your message for the right audience, including engineers, product, and business stakeholders
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to make your team successful in the short and long term
Jetty's integrated suite of products help property managers increase lease conversions, improve resident retention, reduce bad debt, and boost NOI. For renters, Jetty decreases the financial burden of moving into a new home and offers greater flexibility with how and when to pay rent.
Jetty has raised more than $70M from investors including Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Citi and Valar, and has a highly collaborative team working remotely around the country. To learn more about Jetty, visit jetty.com.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life and disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break," and unlimited sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate remote work
- Stipends to cover WFH set-up, monthly childcare, and monthly phone/internet bill