Welcome to Jetty - a financial services company giving renters easier and more affordable access to rental homes, while helping property managers drive occupancy, reduce costs, and streamline operations. Our goal is to build intuitive solutions that make it easy for renters to access homes they love and protect the things they care about the most. As we continue to grow and expand our reach, we are looking to hire an Associate Accountant.
As an Associate Accountant for Jetty, you will be an integral member of the Finance team, by preparing monthly close activities, financial reports, analytics, and other related activities of the Finance department. This position will require significant interaction with the Assistant Controller and other members of the accounting department, external auditors, as well as internal non-financial personnel.
To excel in this role you will possess a strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), an ability to multitask and partner with key stakeholders across the organization. You are practical and results-oriented with strong analytical, project management, people management, and problem-solving skills. You possess a high degree of integrity and critical thinking.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the monthly close, including the accurate preparation of the balance sheet, income statement and trial balance
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Prepare monthly analysis and reconciliations of general ledger accounts on a timely basis
- Participate in the preparation of annual financial statements, reconciliations, roll-forwards and schedules for financial reporting and audit purposes
- Manage banking relationships and requirements, including performing weekly cash forecasting
- Manage accounts payable system and ensure invoices are recorded and vendors are paid timely
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 1-2 years of public or private accounting experience, insurance industry experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related discipline required
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with general ledger functions and month/year end close process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks Online
Jetty is a financial services company on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and effortless for everyone. Founded in 2015, and inspired by real renter experiences, Jetty now has a nationwide footprint of renters and real estate partners. Focusing on the move-in moment, Jetty's products save renters thousands of dollars, while helping property managers increase occupancy and protection.
Jetty has raised $43.5M from Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, and Valar, and has growing teams working remotely around the country. Learn more about us: www.jetty.com.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life and disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break," and unlimited sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate remote work
- Remote work stipend
- Childcare stipend