We are looking for a full-stack Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for designing, coding, testing, and deploying our highly available infrastructure built natively on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. Our engineering teams work closely with Jetty’s Product Managers to create high quality products for our customers. This is a technical role expected to engineer, debug, review, and contribute code using modern technology strategies.
In return, Jetty seeks to invest in you. Whether it's by pushing to incorporate a new feature, or increasing our adoption of serverless architecture, we aim to give every engineer room to grow and to empower them to do work they're proud of. Jetty is growing quickly, and there are always new opportunities to make a difference.
What you will do:
- Design technical solutions that are reliable, fault-tolerant, scalable, and performant
- Write code to produce quality, readable, testable, maintainable software
- Participate in code reviews and design sessions
- Launch new features and services to our customers with high quality customer experiences
- Work with product managers and your engineering team to size work and understand build options
- Foster a culture of security and will adopt security best practices throughout Jetty’s codebase
- At least 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience with server-side concepts (microservices, caching, performance, monitoring and scalability)
- Familiarity with AWS cloud technologies (e.g. S3, EC2, Lamba, Cloudfront, RDS, etc)
- Relevant data modeling experience and integration with databases (e.g. MySql, Postgres)
- Experience with modern source control tools (GitHub)
- Understanding of CI/CD build/deployment tools (e.g. CircleCI)
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in Fintech, Insurance, or similar financial services companies is a plus
- Has a strong sense of code ownership with a bias for action
- Willingness to mentor junior engineers and can provide feedback with empathy and understanding
- Is a self-directed with a passion for building and supporting excellent software
- Has the ability to design scalable and maintainable technical solutions in a fast-paced, collaborative, and supportive environment
- Understands the need to collaborate effectively in writing and in person, create and document processes where needed, and to assist in delivering effective solutions to our customer on a schedule
- Has an opinion on how to build systems for scale, will advocate for that position, but once a decision is made will commit to making the project successful
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and the flexibility to thrive in a start-up atmosphere of constant change and growth with a healthy dose of humor
Jetty is a financial services company on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and effortless for everyone. Founded in 2015, and inspired by real renter experiences, Jetty now has a nationwide footprint of renters and real estate partners. Focusing on the move-in moment, Jetty's products save renters thousands of dollars, while helping property managers increase occupancy and protection.
Jetty has raised $43.5M from Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, and Valar, and has growing teams in New York City and Atlanta. Learn more about us: www.jetty.com.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life and disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break," and unlimited sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Free Citi Bike membership and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Gym discounts at NYHRC, NYSC, and ClassPass
- Plenty of snacks and coffee