Welcome to Jetty - a new financial services company giving renters easier and more affordable access to rental homes, while helping property managers drive occupancy, reduce costs, and streamline operations. Our goal is to build intuitive solutions that make it easy for renters to access homes they love and protect the things they care about the most. As we continue to grow and expand our reach, we are looking to build a new data organization by hiring our first Data & Analytics Lead.
As the Data & Analytics Lead, your goal is to cultivate a data-informed culture and create insights that will be leveraged across the entire organization. You have experience executing at a high level, solving complex problems, and delivering solutions with real business impact - and you’re excited by the opportunity to apply those principles to a brand new, best in class function. You will work with every part of our organization and your analyses will inform decisions and discussions with our Members, our partners, our leadership team, and our board.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define Jetty’s companywide approach to data and support it through the implementation of processes, routines, tools, and education
- Partner with Engineering - from data collection through reporting - to ensure an interpretable data environment for the entire company
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Product, and Finance to expose (and execute against) the highest-impact and most actionable opportunities for optimization and growth
- Create a “center of excellence” at the intersection of business KPIs and technical requirements, managing stakeholders across Sales, Marketing, Product, Finance, Insurance, and Engineering
- Present analyses with a bias toward action and outcomes - storytelling with a practical purpose
- Support company-wide metrics creation, alignment, and reporting to create context and clarity through clear and intuitive data definitions and structures
- Select and implement a suite of BI tools that best fit our organization and enable us to scale
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Significant experience working in a data analytics function
- High proficiency in databases and query languages (e.g: SQL) to access and transform raw data; Experience with Python / R / Jupyter Notebook is a bonus; Excel proficiency is required
- Ability to collect, interpret, and synthesize inputs from various parts of the business into technical requirements
- Ability to simplify without being simplistic - ability to communicate complex topics and actionable insights in a compelling way that can be understood by a variety of audiences
Inherent curiosity and analytical follow-through — you can’t help but ask “why?” and love using data and logic to explore potential solutions
- Ability to balance “Rigor” and “Scrappiness” — you know the difference between 80/20 and giving something 110%; as well as when each is appropriate.
- Ability to think strategically - in a sea of ambiguous and interesting problems, you have the understanding and practical experience to find the highest leverage opportunities
- Deep understanding of the first and second order effects of reporting — you know the power of presenting the right data to the right people at the right time
- Experience in a data/analytics function at a high-growth startup managing multiple stakeholders and delivering actionable insights
Jetty is a new financial services company for everyday renters. We give renters easier and more affordable access to rental homes, while helping property managers drive occupancy, reduce costs, and streamline operations.
Jetty launched to market in 2017 and is headquartered in New York City, with our products available nationwide. Learn more about Jetty: www.jetty.com
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life and disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- Generous parental leave policy
- Free Citi Bike membership and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Gym discounts at NYHRC, NYSC, and ClassPass
- Plenty of snacks and coffee