Welcome to Jetty - a new financial services company giving renters easier and more affordable access to rental homes, while helping property managers drive occupancy, reduce costs, and streamline operations. Our goal is to build intuitive solutions that make it easy for renters to access homes they love and protect the things they care about the most. As we continue to grow and expand our reach, we are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to help scale our engineering organization.
As a core member of our Engineering team, you’re passionate about building digital products people will love. You understand the importance of great visual design. You’re a geek at heart who loves to learn, take on technical challenges, and be empowered in a fast-paced and transparent culture. You're comfortable finding the right tool or pattern for the job, and are willing to push for improvements to the way we work when you feel like there is a better way.
In return, Jetty seeks to invest in you. Whether it's by pushing to incorporate Typescript and Prettier, or increasing our adoption of serverless architecture, we aim to give every engineer room to grow and to empower them to do work they're proud of. Jetty is growing quickly, and there are always new opportunities to make a difference.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
- Recognizes the importance of product and user focus in the products we create
- Strong software engineering skills with the ability to build, deploy, and maintain a scalable codebase
- Experience working with designers and design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch & Zeplin
- Rigorous attention to detail and testing for both function and performance
- Obsession with clear, proactive and effective communication
- Scrappy self-starter who believes it's better to ask for forgiveness than for permission
- 5+ years of experience. We love React, SASS, AWS, and serverless architecture. Hopefully you do too.
- Experience with full stack development, or a strong desire to learn
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coding. Obviously.
- Technical Design. Work with other engineers and departments to come up with practical and innovative solutions.
- Learn/Teach. Research the right tools and technologies for the job, and then teach everyone else what you've discovered.
- Prototyping. Test possible new solutions before embarking on long term projects.
- Project Lead. Everyone has a chance to lead their own projects.
- Test & Review Code. We take a community approach to ensure quality.
- Front-end: server-side rendered React apps with Next.js, served statically from S3. Lerna. SASS.
- Deployment and tooling: CircleCI, Storybook, Cypress.js.
- Back-end: We make heavy use of containerized services, event sourcing and lambdas. We rely on AWS managed services whenever possible.
Jetty is a new financial services company for everyday renters. We give renters easier and more affordable access to rental homes, while helping property managers drive occupancy, reduce costs, and streamline operations.
Jetty launched to market in 2017 and is headquartered in New York City, with our products available nationwide. Learn more about Jetty: www.jetty.com
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life and disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- Generous parental leave policy
- Free Citi Bike membership and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Gym discounts at NYHRC, NYSC, and ClassPass
- Plenty of snacks and coffee