Are you interested in joining a dynamic Member Care operations team who is helping to build a brand new business and completely change an industry?
At Jetty, we’re creating the iconic brand in Property & Casualty insurance for modern renters and property managers. We're looking for someone as excited about insurance as we are about good design and incredible customer experience.
The Customer Operations Associate will provide customer care to turn customers into passionate evangelists, using inbound calls, web chats and email communications.
They will resolve issues and answer questions about our business, our practices, and customers' accounts and orders, and they'll also be called upon to identify patterns, and suggest system and process improvements. They will do this in a company that is invested in growing fast and building a happy, productive team.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
On the Member Care Team, our single biggest responsibility is to our members, and we must make sure that they are given the best possible service everyday. As a startup, we have opportunities for team members to take on additional responsibilities and grow with the company.
Every Customer Operations Associate will be expected to:
- Learn our business and our systems inside out (Zen Desk, etc)
- Work with members over the phone, email, livechat and social media to resolve their problems and answer their questions
- Professionally communicate what Jetty’s products do and how they work, and why they are a great option for renters to everyone from a first-time renter to a seasoned insurance expert
- Tell team management and your Jetty colleagues how our product, systems and services can be made better for our members
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- Committed to being a part of building a great team in order to build a great company
- Capable of clearly expressing themselves and communicating Jetty’s offerings to members
- Empathetic, self-aware, positive, and ego-free
- A "people person" who can stay upbeat through tough situations
- Independently driven
- Able to identify and articulate opportunities for operations and business improvement, while being conscious of the challenges in implementation
- A sponge for candid feedback, and excited to improve
- Committed to fostering an open, inclusive and diverse workplace and community
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese, Korean or Spanish is a plus, but by no means required
- Clear written and spoken communication and proper grammar skills
- Capability to adhere to assigned schedule
- Skilled in multitasking; finding multiple pieces of information while maintaining a customer conversation
- Experience in navigating various web pages, software applications and pieces of technology
- Proven skills in troubleshooting and resolving problems
- Team player
- Quick and accurate typing; at least 40 words per minute
We want to be a great and beloved employer every bit as much as we want to be a great brand in finance.
- Competitive pay and benefits suite (including health/vision/dental insurance, 401K management, FSA/HSA)
- A killer office snack program and the opportunity to build an office culture that reflects and excites you
- Training and an education in business, startups and insurance
- Support and consistent, transparent feedback
- Paid vacation and respect for your out-of-work life
- Commitment to being a fair employer, and one invested in building a business by building a team
Our five core values set the tone for how we work, make decisions and interact. They are:
Rigor: We rely upon structure and methodology; process and deliberateness drive our decisions and our actions.
Scrappiness: We are creative and solve problems; facing constraints, we don't move mountains but tunnel through them.
On Brand: We believe that aesthetics and packaging matter; we have pride of presentation for our work and our communications.
Dedication: We show up, we chip in, and we give it our all. We're committed to succeeding together.
Empathy: We respect each other. We are generous with our time and energy. We are honest but kind. We set teammates up for success.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
There is no need to send a “cover letter”. To apply, please send your resume along with two brief paragraphs:
One about a recent accomplishment of yours. (This can be from your personal or your professional life.)
One describing your favorite meal, and why it's so good.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life and disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- Generous parental leave and vacation policies
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Gym discounts at The Forum, Core Power Yoga, and ClassPass
- Plenty of snacks and coffee
- Paid parking at our office in Ponce City Market