Jellyfish is looking for a Customer Success people leader to join our growing team. You will help us continue to develop and refine the role of Customer Success at Jellyfish, and will directly manage a team of CSMs. We are looking for someone with analytical and operational strengths to help us become a best-in-class customer success organization. Another key part of your job will be to mentor and develop other CS people leaders as our team continues to grow.
As Manager of Customer Success, you will:
- Directly manage a Jellyfish CSM team. Run day-to-day operations, team goal-setting, performance management and reporting on team and customer measures.
- Implement and optimize a data-driven accountability model (goals/scorecards) for CSMs.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to the team on how to be a trusted advisor, talk to unhappy customers, establish executive relationships, and other aspects of building productive relationships with customers.
- Act as the escalation point for customers.
- Coach the team on “CSM 101” processes and philosophies.
- Work with CS Operations to provide management reporting on customer health.
- Help CSMs identify at-risk and low-engagement customers. Strategize with the CSM and Jellyfish execs on turnaround plans.
- Work with sales and your CSMs to forecast and secure customer renewals and upsells.
- Consolidate product feedback given to CSMs from customers and advocate for customers with the Product and Engineering teams.
- Identify and develop team members with management potential.
- Work with the Head of Customer Success and the CS Operations Lead to develop and operationalize Customer Success best practices, procedures, and playbooks. Use data to guide Customer Success strategies.
- Work with all functions of the post-sales organization to help ensure a seamless customer experience. Continuously identify gaps or areas of opportunity in the customer experience, and propose solutions.
- 1+ year of managing Customer Success teams in a B2B SaaS environment. Demonstrated ability in leading a Customer Success team through periods of substantial growth and change.
- 3+ years of experience in customer-facing roles in B2B SaaS companies.
- The analytical and operational expertise to grow a substantial, well-functioning team in a high growth environment.
- Strong desire to support and coach CSMs every day to grow in their careers as they help customers achieve their desired outcomes. Ability to identify and groom potential managers.
- Proven ability to analyze and synthesize customer data to drive and evolve customer success strategies.
- Background of hiring, training, and enabling CSM for success, with strong performance management skills.
- Customer-centric mindset and approach to all interactions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Passion for cross-functional collaboration.
We believe that it takes a diverse team to build the best company we can. Jellyfish welcomes people from all backgrounds and especially encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in the software industry.