Want to build products for customers, not stakeholders? At Jellyfish we put our customers first and build products they love through continuous discovery and partnering closely with design, engineering, and data science. Our mission-driven teams collaborate to learn from our customers and use that knowledge to decide what problems to solve and how to solve them. This is why we look for practitioners who are system thinkers, empathetic leaders, and are driven to delight the customer.
For too long, Engineering has lacked a toolset for strategic decision-making to match their counterparts in Sales and Marketing. Jellyfish is leveling the playing field with the world's leading Engineering Management Platform, providing insightful visibility into engineering organizations—what they do and how they operate. Through analyzing engineering signals and business contextual data, Jellyfish enables technical leaders to align engineering decisions with business initiatives and efficiently deliver quality software.
Engineering is the core of modern business; join us on our mission to help organizations manage it accordingly.How you'll make a difference:
- You’ll use qualitative and quantitative research to gain a thorough understanding of the market, derive customer requirements and use cases, and build customer intuition and empathy.
- You’ll define meaningful outcomes and measure results against those standards to make sure we’re always meeting our high bar of excellence.
- You’ll clearly communicate customer context, product goals, and progress to build alignment with team members and internal stakeholders.
- You will leverage product synthesis frameworks such as personas, journey maps, interview breakdowns, and other methodologies to create clear insights that the team can make decisions around.
- You’ll use your understanding of the market, emerging trends, and where the business opportunities lie to inform your strategy, roadmap, and prioritization.
- You’ll be responsible for the successful launch of everything the team ships, which means being accountable for the quality of the solution and the impact that it has on both customers and the business.
- You’ll think about how we work, as product managers, and as part of a broader product development organization, pushing us to find better ways of working and delivering for the customer.
- You have proven success in software product management, ideally at fast-growing, SaaS-based startups.
- You’re able to identify what a great product looks and feels like, and have the confidence to challenge the team to produce the best possible result when you know it’s not up to standard.
- You are thoughtful, organized, and disciplined. You have a bias to action, thrive in rapidly evolving environments, and take initiative to see things through to completion.
- You are a strong listener and great communicator - you can clearly and thoughtfully explain product concepts to our customers, and customer use cases to our internal team members.
- You are a skilled facilitator and collaborator with high emotional intelligence. You constantly inspire your peers by providing context and strong evidence of the customer and business value of what they’re working on.
- You are excited by solving complex problems in the simplest possible way, and know what tools to apply when in order to get there.
- You’re not afraid to take risks, and you do so in a thoughtful way that ensures you and your team learn no matter the outcome.
We believe that it takes a diverse team to build the best company we can. Jellyfish welcomes people from all backgrounds and especially encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in the software industry.