Customer Success Manager
About the Company
Jeli is founded by engineers who’ve lived through too many painful on-calls, and demand better tooling for both engineers and the companies that hire them. We want an experience that enables us to not only address incidents, but learn everything we can from them. Our product allows teams to look back on incidents and alerts, find clear, actionable recommendations, and continuously improve. Together we can change the way this industry sees incidents: as an opportunity to enhance our expertise and continuously provide more value to the world. With Jeli, we can tell better stories.
We believe the software industry is primed for a significant advancement in how it approaches and learns from incidents. We see, hear, and have personally experienced the frustrations with existing tooling and practices around incidents. We feel the pressure from the organizations we support to translate engineering problems into language and actions they can get behind. With Jeli, you will be part of a concerted effort to push the state of the art into the future; together we will capture and distill a body of expertise that undergirds a movement toward a more mature discipline.
We’re looking for a Customer Success Manager (CSM) to join our Solutions team to manage Jeli customer accounts and make sure our customers get the most out of Jeli. As an early member of the team you will have an influential role in the company and on the team, managing critical customer relationships, going above and beyond to provide exceptional support experiences, and helping lay the foundations of a best-in-class customer experience function. This is your opportunity to join a product and research driven company with deep customer empathy at its core.
We are a remote-first team, with employees currently residing in San Francisco, Portland, Washington, Colorado, Atlanta and several other metro areas. This brings flexibility to your role, but requires a high level of communication to be successful.
What you’ll do
Manage Jeli customer accounts
You will actively manage a group of customers on their journey with Jeli, supporting our customers from onboarding through to renewal. You’ll excel in building deep relationships with our customers, and translating customer needs into clear and measurable solutions.
- Serve as the primary point of contact in managing the relationships for new and existing customers, having regular touch-points to ensure goals are met
- Be responsible for customer onboarding and adoption of Jeli, and identifying key expansion opportunities with each customer.
- Build scalable training / educational materials and help deliver training experiences that get our customers using the product as quickly as possible.
- Partner closely with Sales to track and manage renewals and upselling opportunities.
- Monitoring usage and other key metrics to understand customer health to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build strong rapport and trust with our customers from the moment they become a Jeli customer.
Help shape the future of customer experience at Jeli
You’ll play a critical role in ensuring our customers are supported throughout their entire Jeli journey. Help us provide best-in-class support experiences to our customers, and future customers.
- Support our customers across multiple channels (Slack, chat, email), seeing issues through to resolution
- Update, maintain, and evolve our help documentation to make sure content is relevant and helpful to our users.
- Be part of a Jeli support rotation during business hours, that aims to provide exceptional and delightful customer experiences no matter how they’re interacting with Jeli (free trial or paying customer).
- Build and operationalize internal processes and tooling used to support Jeli customers and our internal teams.
Be the voice of the customer in product development
Part of this role is listening to our customers, and sharing those insights and trends with our product and engineering teams so we can build a product people love and can’t live without.
- Tracking and reporting customer feedback and sharing that feedback regularly with product design & engineering teams.
- Assist with carrying out user research and early feature testing with existing customers and our customer community.
Who you are
- You have customer success, account management experience or have been in a customer-facing role. You care deeply about customers and creating delightful customer experiences.
- You have a curious mind, thrive in ambiguity, and work effectively without a guidebook or detailed instructions. You’re going to help write those.
- You think strategically about your role and your ability to help customers and Jeli succeed.
- You are a self-starter and have a bias towards action when it comes to execution and meeting deliverables
- You have self awareness and are able to balance unpredictable customer demands and effectively manage longer term projects and initiatives.
- You have experience working in a start-up or other fast-paced and dynamic environments.
- You are humble and eager to learn. You socialize lessons learned when mistakes are made, and aren’t afraid of failure, but rather embrace failure as an opportunity to learn.
- You collaborate well with your peers, and are ultimately comfortable making important calls when a decision needs to be made.
- You share a deep empathy with your colleagues at Jeli and the broader industry. You believe and appreciate that incidents are a chance to learn and grow, not blame and shame.
- You have pride in your work but understand iteration and change is inevitable. You’re not afraid to throw things away that don’t work.
What we value
We value trust in a big way.
We trust you to make important decisions, we also trust you to ask for help when you need it and give feedback to your colleagues when they need it. In return, you will receive transparency, trust, and feedback at every step of the way.
We value passion for improving the software industry, whether through tooling, the value of incident knowledge, conversations about ethics, using learning as a tool for social change, and beyond -- teach us what you care about.