JD.COM Silicon Valley R&D Center is looking for a self-motivated machine learning engineer to join our Retail Technology team. Our team focuses on solving the most impactful problems in ecommerce marketing and have direct influence on JD.COM's business strategy. You will be working with a group of elite research scientists and economists to tackle challenging strategic and tactical problems to drive the growth of JD.COM's marketing and advertising platform. You will work on state-of-art systems that combine advanced machine learning, optimization and econometrics methods to make real-work impacts. Our projects include developing scientific and scalable measurement systems for marketing campaign efficiency, conducting large scale causal analysis for sales drivers, improving advertising efficiency through model enhancement, data integration and/or new business model developments, analyzing customers lifetime value and developing data-driven processes to improve customer engagements. You will be able to work with the data generated by hundreds of millions of JD.COM’s active users and your work will directly influence how customers shop within and outside the JD platform.
- Develop large-scale causal machine learning models and systems to measure the impacts of various marketing strategies, such as price promotions and coupons.
- Research and develop state-of-art AI systems and platforms to answer critical business questions in marketing.
- Identify key drivers and generate strategic insights for business growth through data-driven processes.
- Partner with business stakeholders to develop scalable marketing optimization solutions to drive business and user growth.
- Advocate for incrementality- and causality-based thought processes and decision making.
- Summarize and document findings to communicate with senior management.
- Master or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Operational Research, Economics, Statistics or related fields.
- 2+ years of experience in developing data-driven business solutions. Experience related to consumer segments and marketing strategies (especially in e-commerce) is strongly preferred.
- Highly experienced in developing machine learning models. Experience in causal machine learning models is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in large-scale data processing and distributed computing platforms such as Hadoop, Hive and Spark; Experience in scripting languages such as Python.
- Ability to effectively communicate analyses and models with senior management to influence the strategy of product and business development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
About JD-Technology and Data Center
The JD – Technology and Data Center is part of JD Retail. The Technology and Data Center develops technologies and data solutions that powers JD’s retail business. JD Retail Technology research group in Silicon Valley is focused on using science to suggest, support and shape new and existing data-driven promotion, e-commerce, and marketing products. We combine large-scale experimentation, statistical-econometric, machine learning and artificial intelligence tools with social-science, economics and computer science to find innovative ways to drive growth and monetization. Some of the problems we work on include causal evaluation, recommendation systems, targeting and pricing using applied economics, causal inference, deep learning and reinforcement learning methods.
JD.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.