JD.com Inc. as a Global Fortune 500 company is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce companies and publicly traded in the NASDAQ stock market. JD’s Information Security unit is developing the next generation of security infrastructure to protect billions of personal data of our more than 400 million users as well as tons of sensitive business transaction information, to make sure JD’s e-commerce platform is secure and well protected from hacking and attacking. Our security services and tools cover various cyber security areas including data security and privacy, cloud security, risk control, IoT security, network security, threat intelligence, endpoint security etc.
As a software engineer and researcher, you will join the passionate team of JD Security Lab at the JD.com Silicon Valley R&D Center in Mountain View, California. You will mainly work in the data security area and work on the NextGen of a cryptography system currently providing key management and data encryption service to thousands of JD’s internal and external web systems. You will design and implement new cryptography algorithm, protocol and architecture to elevate our cryptography system to the next level to be more secure and transparent to users. You will also help explore and expand our system to the cloud security area to provide services to our JD Cloud customers.
- Research, design and implement advanced cryptography algorithm and security techniques.
- Design and implement cloud security services and infrastructures.
- Build large, scalable, modularized security system to provide flexible encryption service to our internal and external customers.
- Research, design and implement techniques and tools to provide transparent encryption services to database systems.
- Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- At least 3 years of industry or research experience in cryptography and data security.
- Coding experience in C is required. Other languages of Java or C++ is highly preferred.
- Experience or research background in Secure Multiparty Computation (MPC) is highly preferred.
JD.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class