Senior Machine Learning Research Scientist / Engineer
Location: Mountain View, CA
JD Digits AI Lab at Silicon Valley, is looking for research scientists and engineers with strong background in machine learning and financial engineering. As a research scientist/engineer, you will be uniquely positioned in our team to work on challenging problems and advance the frontiers of AI technologies. For example, we have applied modern deep learning technologies in modeling user interactive behaviors and fine-tuned the model in the multi-task environment. We’ve built product knowledge graphs using NLP techniques and trained them using graph convolutional networks. On top of our core technologies, we are working on modern machine learning solutions for option pricing, calibration and risk management.
1) Conduct applied research and development in machine learning and deep learning.
2) Research and evaluate state-of-the-art AI algorithms for user modeling, graph convolutional networks, reinforcement learning, and financial engineering.
3) Develop AI products for industry. Example tasks include but not limited to recommendation systems, user profiling, option pricing, risk management, etc.
- Master (at least 5-year industrial experience) or Ph.D. (at least 2-year industrial experience) in at least one of the following fields (but not limited to): Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, etc.
- Expert in using C++, and fluent with at least one other programming language.
- Strong logical and analytical skills.
- Expert with mathematical skills and interested in working with numbers.
- Expert communicator with perfect verbal as well as written communication skills.
- Experience in financial modeling is a plus.
- Team orientation: we work towards our goal as an agile team together, rather than individually.
About JD Digits
JD Digits was formerly known as JD Finance before was comprehensively brand escalated in November 2018. Its operational purpose is to connect finance and real industry by using digital technology, boosting the influence of the Internet, enhancing the digital and intelligent development of industries, fostering the development of the real economy and creating greater social value. Centered on cutting-edge technologies including data technology, AI, IoT and blockchain, JD Digits has completed the deployment in finance, city, agriculture, campus services and digital marketing, and integrated the personal end, corporate end and government end in terms of its clients.
In the future, JD Digits will more deeply explore current business patterns and enter into more real industry sectors.
About JD (http://corporate.jd.com)
JD.com is the largest e-commerce company in China, and the largest Chinese retailer, by revenue. The company strives to offer consumers the best online shopping experience. Through its user-friendly website, native mobile apps, and WeChat and Mobile QQ entry points, JD offers consumers a superior shopping experience. The company has the largest fulfillment infrastructure of any e-commerce company in China. As of June 30, 2017, JD.com operated 7 fulfillment centers and 335 warehouses covering 2,691 counties and districts across China, staffed by its own employees. JD.com is a member of the NASDAQ100 and a Fortune Global company.