Autonomous Driving - Senior Software Engineer, System & Architecture
JD.com, Inc. one of the world largest e-commerce companies is developing the next generation, fully automated fulfillment infrastructure. JD’s X Business Unit (JD-X) is developing automated fulfillment capabilities including autonomous ground delivery vehicles, autonomous aerial delivery vehicles (i.e. delivery drones) and warehouse automation technologies including warehouse transportation and manipulation robots.
JD-X Silicon Valley Research Center (Santa Clara/Mountain View, CA) is a fast-growing research and development organization, provides an entrepreneurial environment with the financial backing of a Fortune 500 company to motivated and result-driven individuals and gives them the freedom to create and to innovate in the areas of AI, robotics and automation. We are working in the frontier of computer vision, multi-modal perception, mapping and navigation, robot path and action planning and control, robot manipulation, mixed-initiative machine and human interface, knowledge representation and knowledge-based behavior planning, big-data based planning and control optimization. We apply the state-of-the-art technologies and develop innovative solutions and revolutionizing product delivery and fulfillment process.
If you are an individual who has the passion and the drive to solve complex problems, deliver results, create innovative solutions and make impacts to the real-world, JD-X Silicon Valley Research Center is the place for you.
- Design, implement and optimize existing and next-generation features of the on-board software stack.
- Develop and extend frameworks to scale the technology across various hardware and software configurations of our vehicle fleet.
- Build tools and automation pipelines to ensure constant monitoring of the vehicle system, as well as real-time data reporting and analysis.
- Work across teams to facilitate high performance and reliability of the autonomous driving software components: robotic perception, motion planning, localization, and other.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or an equivalent field.
- 5+ years of professional experience, including 3+ years of using C++ in production environment. Knowledge and hands-on experience with modern C++(11, 14).
- Proven track record of owning and delivering software components, from initial design to shipping the final product.
- Experience in developing and deploying multi-threaded software on and for Linux OS, familiarity with debugging tools like gdb and perf.
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience in systems software domains such as: Operating systems, Compilers, Database internals, Distributed systems, etc.
JD.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.