Autonomous Driving - Senior Software Engineer, Perception - Scene Understanding
JD.com, Inc. one of the world largest e-commerce companies is developing the next generation, fully automated fulfillment infrastructure. JD’s X Business Unit (JD-X) is developing automated fulfillment capabilities including autonomous ground delivery vehicles, autonomous aerial delivery vehicles (i.e. delivery drones) and warehouse automation technologies including warehouse transportation and manipulation robots.
JD-X Silicon Valley Research Center (Santa Clara/Mountain View, CA) is a fast-growing research and development organization, provides an entrepreneurial environment with the financial backing of a Fortune 500 company to motivated and result-driven individuals and gives them the freedom to create and to innovate in the areas of AI, robotics and automation. We are working in the frontier of computer vision, multi-modal perception, mapping and navigation, robot path and action planning and control, robot manipulation, mixed-initiative machine and human interface, knowledge representation and knowledge-based behavior planning, big-data based planning and control optimization. We apply the state-of-the-art technologies and develop innovative solutions and revolutionizing product delivery and fulfillment process.
If you are an individual who has the passion and the drive to solve complex problems, deliver results, create innovative solutions and make impacts to the real-world, JD-X Silicon Valley Research Center is the place for you.
- Develop robust and reliable Scene Understanding solutions to deal with complex and long-tail problems in dense Last-Mile Logistic Delivery scenes, utilizing multiple different sensor modalities including camera, LiDAR and Radar.
- Employ large amount of data to improve Perception performance, develop performance metrics and produce benchmark results to guide algorithm/model selection and deployment.
- Build up fundamental understanding of the challenges in Urban and Last Mile Logistic Delivery by analyzing real-world data collected on our delivery fleet vehicles.
- Provide strategic plans and technical insight regarding to next-generation Perception technologies for Urban and Last Mile Logistic Delivery.
- Deploy solutions to vehicle fleet, perform on-road testing, and performance optimization.
- MS with at least 5 years of experience, or PHD with at least 3 years of experience, in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong experience programming in C++ and Python with robust and efficient code; experience in Data Structure and advanced algorithms.
- Hands-on algorithm development and product delivery experience in: Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Sensor Fusion, Multiple View Geometry.
- Familiar with State-of-the-Art method on one or more of the following areas: vision and point cloud based 3D object detection, recognition, segmentation and multiple object tracking.
- Experience in developing Deep Learning based methods with TensorFlow or Pytorch, and performance optimizaiton.
JD.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.