Location: Silicon Valley, CA
JD Digits AI Lab, is seeking Speech Recognition/Text-to-Speech Research Scientist to join our Speech Team in Mountain View. We are looking for experienced applied researchers in machine learning and AI with strong software engineering skills. The Speech team carries out applied research in the Audio and Speech areas. The team has launched multiple speech-centered products and continues to evolve and optimize its ML / AI algorithms for speech recognition and text-to-speech. The ideal candidate will have research experience developing speech recognition and text-to-speech systems in different languages, including Mandarin, dialects in different regions, English, etc.
1) Conduct applied research and development in speech recognition and text-to-speech;
2) Optimize acoustic model training procedures that operate on large amounts of audio data in different languages;
3) Work closely with other speech experts and researchers on implementing algorithms that power customer-oriented products;
4) Build and release models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time.
- Master (at least 2-year industrial experience) or Ph.D. in at least one of the following fields (but not limited to):
o Speech processing: speech recognition, text-to-speech
o Machine learning: deep learning, large-scale optimization, etc.
- Strong analytical skills (statistics, optimization, etc.).
- Ability to quickly prototype with practical algorithms and write high quality code in a programming language (such as Python, Java, C++).
- Experiences in developing new algorithms with track record on top journals/conferences.
- Experiences in integrating new techniques into the live production system.
- Familiar with at least one of deep learning frameworks: Tensorflow, Pytorch, Caffe, Mxnet, etc.
- Experiences in Kaldi is a plus but not required.
- Finance/insurance industry experience is a plus but not required.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new things.
- Team orientation: we work towards our goal as an agile team together, rather than individually.
About JD Digits
JD Digits was formerly known as JD Finance until it was comprehensively upgraded and rebranded in November 2018. Its operational purpose is to connect finance and real industry by using digital technology, boosting the influence of the Internet, enhancing the digital and intelligent development of industries, foster the development of the real economy and create greater social value. Centered on the cutting-edge technologies including data technology, AI, IoT and blockchain, JD Digits has completed the deployment in finance, city, agriculture, campus services and digital marketing, and integrated the personal end, corporate end and government end in terms of its clients.
In the future, JD Digits will more deeply explore current business patterns and enter into more real industry sectors.
About JD (http://corporate.jd.com)
JD.com is the largest e-commerce company in China, and the largest Chinese retailer, by revenue. The company strives to offer consumers the best online shopping experience. Through its user-friendly website, native mobile apps, and WeChat and Mobile QQ entry points, JD offers consumers a superior shopping experience. The company has the largest fulfillment infrastructure of any e-commerce company in China. As of June 30, 2017, JD.com operated 7 fulfillment centers and 335 warehouses covering 2,691 counties and districts across China, staffed by its own employees. JD.com is a member of the NASDAQ100 and a Fortune Global company.