Principal / Senior / Applied Research Scientist - Computer Vision and Machine Learning
JD-X, Mountain View, CA
JD.com, Inc. one of the world largest e-commerce companies is developing a next-generation, fully automated fulfillment infrastructure. JD’s X Division (JD-X) is responsible for the development of automated fulfillment capabilities including autonomous ground delivery vehicles, autonomous aerial delivery vehicles (i.e. delivery drones) and warehouse automation technologies including warehouse transportation and manipulation robots.
JD-X (Santa Clara, CA) is seeking motivated individuals to join our team and make fully automated fulfillment solution a reality. We have multiple openings in our Multi-Modal Perception Team at Principal Scientist, Senior Scientist and Research Scientist levels in the areas of Computer Vision and Machine Learning.
JD-X, as a fast-growing research and development organization, provides an entrepreneurial environment for motivated and result-driven individuals and gives them the freedom to create and to innovate in the area of robotics and automation. We also have the resources and financial backing of a Fortune 500 company, so you can focus on developing novel automation solutions and revolutionizing the product delivery and fulfillment process. If you are an individual who has the passion and the drive to solve complex problems, get big things done, create innovative solutions and make a positive impact on the real-world, JD-X is the place for you.
- Designing and developing state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning algorithms for mapping, localization, scene analysis, object detection and classification, object tracking, and activity recognition
- Developing robust and real-time perception solution integrating multiple sensing devices within the size, weight and power (SWaP) constraint of the application
- Prototyping hardware and software solutions for real-time robot applications
- Working closely with the engineering team to integrate perception solutions for autonomous robotic systems.
- Developing robust software and comprehensive testing protocol for all projects
- Solving complex real-world challenges in creative, effective and efficient ways
- Planning and managing time, tasks, milestones and resources to meet project objectives
- Communicating and coordinating with relevant engineering, operation and product teams during all phases of technology development and technology deployment
- Solving unique problems and work on a small, self-directed team.
- Directly influence the vision and objectives for your team's work in alignment with business and market needs.
- Directly change what we do in JD fulfillment service to delight our customers.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent with a focus on Computer Vision and Machine Learning
- Deep expertise in one or more areas of Computer Vision including 3D Mapping, Visual Odometry, Scene Analysis, 2D/3D Object Detection, Object Tracking, Object Classification, Activity Detection and Recognition
- Experience with developing hardware or software solutions in machine perception for commercial or industrial applications.
- Deep knowledge and experience with a wide variety of sensors
- Strong experience with software development process including automated build and test in a test-driven development environment
- Ability to handle and solve complex issues in systematic and creative ways
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven record of innovation and delivery of results to solve real-world problems
- Deep expertise in Computer Vision and Machine Learning including publications in referred journals and conferences
- Extensive experience in developing real-time perception systems for robot application, especially experiences in developing autonomous ground vehicle, autonomous aerial vehicle (i.e. drone), autonomous manipulation robots and warehouse automation.
- Deep understanding and hands-on knowledge of Deep Learning and its applications in Computer Vision.
- Ability of working on challenging assignments with aggressive schedules
- Strong experience of building and leading a technical team
JD.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.